Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Trunk or Treat

Tonight was our ward trunk or treat...and it was really weird because most of the people I talked to including the activities chairman, the bishop, and the 1st counselor in the bishopric had never been to a trunk or treat. I thought they were like the big thing the wards did almost every year but apparently not. Anyway, it was a really great turn out. We ended up giving out more than 100 pieces of candy so I am guessing over 100 kids...the parking lot had tons of cars so that was good. My kids were so cute in their costumes too! My cute little Nathan was Woody from Toy Story and sweet little Rylee was a ladybug. The night went well except when the old man on the activities committee was a total jerk to me. He came over and went off on me just because I didn't want to have an activities committee meeting right after the trunk or treat. Sue me since I wanted to get home and get warm and put Nathan to bed...not to mention that Ryan needed to do his home teaching too. He was really rude telling me that I never have cleaned up after an activity and he should asked to be released so I can for once clean up. I wasn't very nice back...I wasn't going to just take his attitude so I told him to ask to be released and I would clean up. The only reason I haven't is because I was pregnant with Rylee and now I have two kids I have to watch while my awesome husband cleans up for the both of us. He told me that was no excuse and to sum it up he was just a complete jerk! I called my friend Celeste who is in my ward and she felt my pain because she knows him too. So then when we got home I was telling my mom and I just started to cry. It just really got to me the way he talked to me. I don't think I have ever had a man talk to me the way he did. I was so mad and hurt too. Ryan picked up on that and about 10 minutes later called him up. Yup, I was pretty proud of my husband! He is amazing! He totally called him out on being rude to me and told him that I didn't appreciate the way he had talked to and treated me. He apologized to Ryan and asked if he needed to do anything but Ryan told him no and he would pass his apology on to me. I just felt really good that Ryan knew something needed to be done or said. So on a lighter note! We made some sugar cookies for Ryan's home teaching families and Ryan and Nathan frosted them today. So here are some of the pictures from today! Enjoy!

Aren't they the cutest trio?!~

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

They looks so cute! Nathan looks like he had a great time frosting sugar cookies. I can't believe that guy was so rude to you. I love the costumes. Miss you and love you all!

Anonymous said...

THey are the cutest in their costumes. Can't wait to see you guys tonight!!!!

Unknown said...

SO CUTE!! we have trunk or treat every year!! it is so much fun! i alwayed wondered why last year we didnt do that! but oh well! i am glad yall are doing it now! sorry about that old grumpy man!

barlows said...

Very cute! That Woody costume turned out cute. And good for you for standing up for yourself. AND for Ryan backing you up like that. Doesn't that guy know SERVICE is called SERVICE for a reason?

kristina said...

I am so proud of Ryan! That is AWESOME that he called the guy and stood up for you! So sweet! Hopefully that jerk still asks to be released. I think it's good that you didn't just take his crap- I bet he tries extra hard to be nice next time. Your kids costumes were way cute!