Thursday, October 25, 2007

Slacking

I must say that I am a huge slacker lately! No blogging for almost a week now. Seems like I really didn't have much to blog about and now that I am sitting here ready to blog I have so much to blog about. So beware this may be a lengthy blog! Let me begin by venting...sorry this is my dumping ground for a few minutes. Nathan is ready to drive me nuts. Yes me but also Ryan too. I don't feel so bad when it's not just me. He is about done with naps which is enough to send me to the nut house right there but he has been the BIGGEST pain about going to bed lately also. To add onto the naps and bedtime...he is a pill throughout the day. It's like he acts like a stinkin' two year old or something! Oh wait, he is 2! Duh! What's funny about that is that Ryan and I get mad and we are like "Nathan, you are acting like a....2 year old!" It hits us right in the middle of saying that...yes he is 2 and I suppose this is what he is supposed to act like but it sounds good when it comes out. But really he doesn't care if he acts like a baby or a two year old. I was talking to my SIL Alexis...and she thinks that Nathan is a genius...really he isn't but he is a little smartie pants. He talks up a storm, he knows his shapes, colors, he can count to well it depends on the day but usually at least 8 sometimes 13, he can sing all sorts of songs including part of the alphabet, and all this is supposed to make me feel better(after I brag about him for a second). I know he is smart but it's like Alexis said he is almost too smart for his own good. He turns lights on at bedtime, the childproof door handles have never once fooled him (he had the doors opened within the first five minutes they were on), he peels the paint off the wall at naptime all in the name of BOREDOM! So what am I supposed to do with a two year old who gets bored as easily as him? He starts being naughty when he gets bored. Aghhhhhh! Yes that is what I would like to do just scream.


I have been reading three books at the same time these past couple of weeks...organizing, one about not strangling my husband and a novel too. I was talking to Ryan the other night and told him that we should be going out without our kids at least three times a month (from the book about my husband! and a GREAT excuse to go out and eat some good food and have some peace and quiet!). Seems like a lot because we usually take our kids everywhere with us. So I told him this week that I really needed to just have time with me and him. So tonight we are going to dinner and maybe a movie. I am going to leave my kids with my mom and dad. That way I know they are taken care of. Nathan and Rylee love their Nana and Papa! So that works out well while I go have a little rest to give me back my sanity. I am always trying to work on my marriage so after reading part of this book I am trying harder to do certain things. Things that don't come very easily sometimes! For example: Talking to my husband but not talking to him about our children which is totally amazing that we could talk about them forever! I don't think that's all we ever talk about but it can be hard not to have them consume your life. In the book it talked about doing this because after the kids are grown and move out then you still need to have things in common with your spouse. I think we do okay but I am definitely more aware of this concept now.


So yesterday to keep my sanity I took Nathan and Rylee over to my mom's house and we met Grandma Gloria at Wheeler Farm. We had a great time! Mom and Grandma brought their dogs and it was fun to take a little walk around and see the animals. Nathan loved the pumpkin patch! Then we saw the ducks and geese! We also saw chickens, turkeys, cows, pigs, donkeys, goats and horses. One horse knocked his rider off with a tree branch and took off running right towards us! It was quite a great time! Nathan loved the tractors too! (Sorry, the pictures were all taken with my camera phone...I forgot my camera...speaking of the batteries are dead).





Nathan at the pumpkin patch!

Nathan with some of the geese and ducks.


Nathan and Grandma Gloria petting the calf...it had little horns starting to come out of its head.

Nathan and the baby goat. Cute huh?! So little!

Then today I took Nathan to his 6 month check up at the dentist! He did so good! This is the first time that he has laid on the chair by himself. He watched a movie and was really a good boy. The dentist said his teeth look really good with no stains and no cavities! Yay for him! I guess that's what happens when mommy and daddy make sure his teeth are brushed and flossed everynight huh?

Nathan laying in the dentist chair! I was so proud of him cause he was such a good boy we went to Wendy's for lunch! Good job Natey!

So no bites on the house. We thought last weekend that we might get an offer because the people were choosing between our house and one other one. But we never heard back or got an offer. So I am assuming they chose the other one. Bummer! I am trying to be better at my prayers and I just keep praying that He will lead the right person to our house. I just don't want to get all of my decorations out for Christmas this year and then have to pack them and the rest of the house too. Hopefully something happens soon. Ugh what a day! Well, at least I was able to blog today. Nathan is up having quiet time so maybe I should lay down too. Who knows!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nathan was really good at Wheeler Farm yesterday.(Rylee too) Good job Nate at the dentist. Nana loves you and will see you tonight!!!

Anonymous said...

Looks like you guys had fun at Wheeler Farm. Talk about slacking on the blog I haven't blogged since Sunday. Oh and by the way...it doesn't get any easier when they are five either it is just as hard.