Alright well I have to give myself some props here because I put the kids down for a nap today...yes Nathan did finally take a nap...after waking up at 5:30am this morning I would expect that he would be tired around 12:30ish. I was right and he slept all afternoon while I was in the kitchen. First I made cinnamon rolls from scratch (my SIL Heather's yummy recipe!) and after all of my freaking out that I was scared they were going to be gross; they turned out really good (at least I thought so)! Then right after I finished making cinnamon rolls I decided I better make dinner. I made stuffed green peppers (also from scratch my mom's recipe). They were pretty good too. I like the green peppers with the rice and stuff and Ryan only ate one pepper but he loved the rice mixture. He told me to make the rice mixture more often. Nathan, he ate the rice I didn't really expect him to eat the green pepper but when he was almost done eating he gagged and it all came up. I was so glad I was done eating because then Ryan and I got to clean up puke! Gross, I know! I don't think he is sick, I think he gagged and it just came up. So I am glad Ryan was home to help clean up because that is one thing as a parent I hate. Yes I hate it when someone is throwing up. Makes me want to do the same!
Anyway, on a lighter note. Tonight we have to go to an activities committee meeting. We are on the committee with two other couples. One of the couples is an older couple and they are the grouchiest people I know. They think that Ryan and I are total slackers because this past fourth of July we had a breakfast early in the morning and Ryan was helping with the cooking of the pancakes. I was sitting at a table tending my two kiddos throughout the whole entire breakfast and flag raising cermony. Then later the little old man made a comment and said "Why wasn't Tristen helping out? She just sat there the whole time." I was so mad, he is the onriest old man that there ever was and his wife isn't any better. They think Ryan and I should do everything and we can't because we have two kids. I can't stand these people and I just don't want to go to this meeting and be there with them. Hopefully it will be short...maybe Nathan will drive us out quickly.
1 comment:
Way to go, T. I am way proud of you. I think maybe now I am going to make cinnamon rolls because they sound really really yummy!
Post a Comment