So let me just say that I have had my patience tried today...Nathan is just not listening to me when I ask him to do things: i.e. pick up toys, put his blanket in his room...just to name a few. So I took him upstairs to his room to take a nap. He decides that he doesn't want to again for the third day in a row. His book shelves are empty since I took the books away yesterday and when I went to check on him he had the light on again, and he had taken one of the shelves off and was pulling the little pegs out that hold the shelves up. So I take the pegs away. Then a little bit later I hear him taking off his heater vent. I was not really too worried about it for a little while but I decided to go and check on him to see if he had ever fallen asleep. When I went up there this is what I found:

You are probably laughing, what else can you do right? I need to just laugh about it too. Yes it is quite the job. PS our walls are not yellow underneath they are tan; it's from the phone camera and the lights in the bedroom. So he took the heater register thingy and put some dings in the wall and then proceded to peel the paint off of the wall. I am absolutely to the end of my rope. I am so tempted to basically empty his room out now. I will take his vent off, books, shelves and everything out so there is nothing he can ruin. I have threatened everything. I know one thing for sure that is that he doesn't get any treats or ice cream for 2 days, I am so mean huh?
I called Ryan and broke the news to him. He was pretty mad about it. He talked to Nathan and got mad at him...things that I did as well. I think that maybe I will make him stay in his room except for dinner tonight. I don't know!? How do you get to a two year old?! I mean seriously because I am at a loss here! So I don't know what else to do. I went in my kitchen and started cleaning because I was so angry that I couldn't just sit. Then I came down here and I am taking it out on the computer with my blogging. I think I will go clean some more now. Okay, my ranting is over. ::::Sigh::::
4 comments:
Sorry - I did chuckle when I saw the wall. Reminded me of some of the things his Dad did when he was young. Maybe try taking his naptime away and have just quiet time with everything quiet, give him his blankey and a book. Hopefully he will get tired and go to sleep at night earlier. Some kids do go for a time without naps and then all of a sudden they start taking them again.
I'm definitely not a parent, but I just remember my mom saying, "parents decide when a child goes to his room and the child decides when he/she goes to sleep," so I think making his room the most boring room in the house is a great idea. And/or maybe wager with him that if he takes a nap he can stay up later- he won't know the difference anyway when you put him to bed at his normal time. My sis does this sometimes and it seems to work.
You are cracking me up! I love the wall... it just adds a little character. Good Luck!
My five year doesn't listen as well. She has had her playroom & t.v. taken away and it still doesn't help. Hopefully Nathan will start to listen but kids just push our buttons.
Post a Comment