So today I looked at the date. October 11th? Are you kidding me?! Seriously I cannot believe that October is almost half way over! It seems like we should be in September still! I can't handle how the days fly by! I swear when I was a kid going to school the days seem to last forever! It seemed like I was in grade school forever and then junior high forever and high school seemed to go the fastest. Especially thinking about it now and the things I wished I would have done in high school that I didn't do. Why did I take things so seriously back then? I should have just relaxed and enjoyed being a kid rather than being so dumb sometimes! hahaha! High school was so great and I don't think I took advantage of that like I should have. I should have gone to more of the games. I am definitely trying to take one day at a time now and enjoy my life because I couldn't be happier with where I am at right now. I love being a wife and a mom. Nothing could make my life fuller right now. Although I am always trying to improve in those areas so I went and bought a book the other night on how to become more organized. I am only a few pages into it because I haven't really sat down to read it yet. It seems to really be a good book because the ways to get organized are in there and they aren't supposed to take more than one hour (about the time I have to do a project) and it helps you to keep the organization once you have it done. That is where I fall apart. So hopefully this will give me some good tips about staying organized.
I still need to find a good book about parenting...I have some good days and not so good days. I wonder if the Super Nanny Jo Frost has a book out that I can buy. I like her techniques and maybe I could implement those into my family. I know she would tell me that I need to stick to what I say. I make empty threats all the time. I can't help it! Hopefully, things will get better. I am trying to have patience...constantly praying for that because I need all of it that I can have!
So today we went to Tai Pan Trading. Love that store! My mom had gone in there the other day and found some cute airplanes for Nathan's bedroom. His bedding and rug are airplanes. I painted his walls to be like the sky so I could put up some airplanes on there too. My mom found these like old vintage airplanes that hang from the ceiling. I am so excited to put them up. I bought him one of them and my mom bought him one too. I am waiting for another coupon so I can buy the third one which is yellow. Then he will have a red, blue and yellow plane. It's kinda fun to do his room. I am already thinking about what I want to do in Rylee's big girl room. I have lots of ideas and one day I will decide since she is still little I have a while to think! As Winnie the Pooh says: Think, think, think...
3 comments:
Okay, that's funny. I almost bought one of those planes last time (and my first time) I was at TaiPan. They're way cute. I just got a book at Deseret book with creative ideas about how to play with your kids so you don't end up fighting each other more. I can't, however, find the section in the book for "independent play." Is it too much to have five minutes of peace? So, I am still on the hunt ;)
His room sounds so cute! You should post pictures of the sky you painted! I'm not a parent, but I think that the fact that you're even looking for a book on how to be a better parent shows that you are doing a good job already because you are being conscious of your parenting. If that makes any sense. Let me know how the organizing goes!
Take a picture I would like to see the airplanes. You still need to take a picture of the boots too. We are starting to plan Morgan's room so far we have the bed picked. :-)
Post a Comment