Sunday, October 14, 2007
Day of Rest
So I thought that on Sundays we are supposed to rest. It is hard for me to remember the days before I had kids but today some of those Sundays came rusing back to me. Probably because today just wasn't very restful at all. Ryan and I used to go home after church and take a nice long restful nap sometimes way too long of a nap and we would be up way too late that night because of the nice nap. Today was really completely opposite. Usually on Sunday afternoons we come home and put the kids down for a nap and sit and watch a movie or something on tv. Today however was completely different. Nathan was a pill in church and then when we came home I thought he would crash in his bed for a long nap. This was not the case at all. I put him in his bed gave him a kiss goodnight and then went about my business. He was up with the lights on...I swear jumping all around making all sorts of noise. I definitely blew my top three different times...even after a RS lesson on teaching our children! I seriously just couldn't handle him today. I needed the "REST" part of my day really bad today and I did not get it. Ryan tried to get him to lay down and that never worked either. So here we are now...Nathan never had a nap and he is already out of control. He hasn't had enough sleep lately and I believe he is running on fumes. Hopefully after dinner he will go to bed. Isn't that mean? Well I am thinking soon as in around 7pm. I just don't have the patience for it today. I wanted my rest but never got it. Darn it! The price for having kids...I will definitely pay it because after all is said and done I love both of mine.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I remember those days of quiet time and no kids...they are fading. I feel your pain I had one of those days last Wed. They say it gets better...however I am still waiting.
Post a Comment