So I think that I need to just put a little update on here. I will be posting some pictures maybe tomorrow or Monday but meanwhile...Here at the Parsons life is moving right along! haha I think Ryan has a great concept for bedtime. Hopefully it will keep working like it did tonight. He put Nathan to bed like our usual routine and then he didn't even turn the light off. He just left him in there with the light on to read his books. He fell asleep about 30 minutes laterish. Seems good considering there was no fighting. Those are definitely the kind of nights that I enjoy the most! Tonight has been really chaotic around here though. We decided to change our bathroom floor upstairs because the lanolium (sp?) that was in there didn't really match with the rest of our flooring. We considered tiling but we didn't want to spend the money on something that really wouldn't make a difference to us. So we went with the cheaper but nice look of lanolium tiles. So Ryan is currently laying them as I type this. He is such a trooper! I am really glad we did this because it just looks tons better than the stuff before...the only floor that is not redone by us since when we moved in we redid all the flooring (except this one) so naturally it should be redone right?! Our house was a HUD property and rightly so! It needed lots of TLC when we got it. When we first moved in we redid the flooring with new carpet and tiled the entry way and kitchen and painted the whole house. We finished the basement this past spring and have taken care of the yard by putting in a sprinkling system. I don't know but I have become very fond of my house more so because it's been Ryan, my dad and my mom's hardwork put into it. Only a little bit of mine since everytime we embark on a new project like flooring, painting or the new basement I seem to be 9 months pregnant! I don't plan that it just seems to be a nesting thing or something. I start nagging Ryan that we need to get the house ready and then we start a gigantious project. All's I can say is thank heavens for my mom and dad! They are such troopers! Love 'em! Okay so that was a weird tangent that I just went off on but while Ryan has been doing the floor all night I was in the kitchen cooking. First it was homemade rootbeer (test run for the ward trunk or treat: we actually are looking for a good recipe still! help!), cooked dinner and then made some potato salad for tomorrows dinner at mom and dad's house. I was also trying to referee my two little kiddos who both wanted to be held because I was busy...isn't that how it always works? Rylee was screaming at me so I picked her up and then Nathan says "holda me mommy". Gotta love it though, I tell ya!
Well life has been crazy and there is lots more to blog about but that will have to be tomorrow with the pictures I post. We have had a great weekend and tomorrow will be a great day too cause we get to go to church and then to Nana and Papa's house. What could be better?! Good night y'all
2 comments:
Aren't you just the Chef. The kids must have Mom's busy radar because Morgan does the same thing. Can't wait to see pics.
The potatoe salad was yummy!!! And nothing better than being with my cute grandbabies. It is the best....
Post a Comment