
Oh I am so glad that this weekend has finally passed! It was so insanely busy and stressful that I am glad to have it gone. We finally got the house ready to sell and it went up on the market Monday night! Yay! So now tell someone to come and buy it please! It is hard to have a two year old with a bazillion toys everywhere and cleaning up after each step he makes! Ryan's family started arriving at our house Thursday night...and more Friday morning and Friday evening. So in between the clutter and mess in our house we had like 6 people sleeping here too. We had to have the house ready to go before Sunday because we blessed Rylee. Then after church we had a little get together over here.
Yesterday Nathan had about driven me out of my mind...so I went shopping for a while last night. I never can get out of the house without one or two kids. So that was so nice to be able to go into a store without having to worry about my kids in the cart touching everything that we pass...and asking for candy at each register. Nathan is cutting teeth so that probably says a lot about how he is acting...his eye teeth are finally in. He has adjusted really well to having a little sister though. Yesterday she was sitting in her swing and I was in the kitchen cooking dinner. I went to check on Nathan and he had sat himself down right in front of Rylee and got her toy off of her carseat and had it propped on top of her. He sat there for like 5 minutes talking to her and playing with her...I had this great moment thinking that I had done something right having this baby only two years after Nathan. I patted myself on the back thinking that these two kids of mine will be best friends now, hopefully growing up and after they have grown up too. I am less than two years younger than my older brother and we have always been really great friends. My mom pulled a picture out the other day of Wade and I when we were younger...I was probably 2 years old and Wade was about 4. We were standing there holding hands. It was very cute. I read a journal of mine not too long ago that was from the church history tour that Wade and I went on together. He wrote me a little note in there and it reminded me of what great friends we were in high school...he was a great big brother...especially considering that he let his little sister and her best friend always tag along. Those were such great times! I was always known throughout high school as "Wade's little sister". What a great title! Well Rylee is awake so I better go now.
Yesterday Nathan had about driven me out of my mind...so I went shopping for a while last night. I never can get out of the house without one or two kids. So that was so nice to be able to go into a store without having to worry about my kids in the cart touching everything that we pass...and asking for candy at each register. Nathan is cutting teeth so that probably says a lot about how he is acting...his eye teeth are finally in. He has adjusted really well to having a little sister though. Yesterday she was sitting in her swing and I was in the kitchen cooking dinner. I went to check on Nathan and he had sat himself down right in front of Rylee and got her toy off of her carseat and had it propped on top of her. He sat there for like 5 minutes talking to her and playing with her...I had this great moment thinking that I had done something right having this baby only two years after Nathan. I patted myself on the back thinking that these two kids of mine will be best friends now, hopefully growing up and after they have grown up too. I am less than two years younger than my older brother and we have always been really great friends. My mom pulled a picture out the other day of Wade and I when we were younger...I was probably 2 years old and Wade was about 4. We were standing there holding hands. It was very cute. I read a journal of mine not too long ago that was from the church history tour that Wade and I went on together. He wrote me a little note in there and it reminded me of what great friends we were in high school...he was a great big brother...especially considering that he let his little sister and her best friend always tag along. Those were such great times! I was always known throughout high school as "Wade's little sister". What a great title! Well Rylee is awake so I better go now.
No comments:
Post a Comment