Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Amazing!!











I have to say that I am totally surprised...Rylee is taking an afternoon nap in her crib!! This is a huge milestone because usually she just sleeps in the swing or bouncy seat. So I have the monitor with me so I can hear her when she wakes up and then she won't wake Nathan up too. I have been trying to figure out when I am going to put her in her crib and I am thinking it may be time! Why is it so difficult to just put the baby in a different room than me? I don't get it...I remember feeling this way with Nathan too. It is like a feeling of them getting big already! Okay, so I over react a ton but that is what it feels like to me. I have been leaving her in her cradle because when we move in with my parents after the house is sold then she will still be in our room.
I have to pat myself on the back today because yesterday I tried to be so patient with Nathan. I did a really good job all day and even until he went to bed. He only took a little nap yesterday on the way home from Park City and then he didn't want to lay down when we got home. So he read books in his room for a while and surprisingly he was really good all afternoon and evening. Even when he decided to get all the bottles out of the pantry and get water out of the fridge with them...water was everywhere but I still held my patience with him...never yelling or even spanking him! Yay for me! He did go to bed early but it worked out for the better because Ryan and I bought on a movie on pay per view...something we have only done recently. We watched Catch and Release with Jennifer Garner. It was a pretty good movie and something we don't always get to do. We need to rent a movie that Nathan can watch with us because he thinks that movies and popcorn are the greatest! Then this morning Ryan and I talked a little bit about how we get frustrated with Nathan so easily and it's usually when Nathan starts getting naughty and running around doing anything he can that he knows is a no-no. So today I decided that I would take him swimming because that would get more energy out. So we went to Grandma and Grandpa Christiansen's house today and swam for about 45 minutes. He loves the water! Now when he starts being naughty our goal is to take him outside. Maybe to the park or even just a walk. I think this will help. This week is supposed to be in the low 90's so I can handle going outside and to the park. Sunday evening we took him to the park in our neighborhood and he had such a great time on the slides. He went on all three of them. The small one and eventually the two bigger ones even the two that were covered! He didn't want to leave. Well Nathan is up I better go!

No comments: