I thought this week was going to be a busy yet fun week for our family. We had lots of things to do such as: swimming lessons, doctor well checks for both kids, working out everyday, more swim lessons, a Layers party, YW's, basketball for Ryan and swimming as a family for fun. Monday started out fine I suppose except for the fact that we were almost late (which I HATE being late) to Nathan's private swim lesson. Then after we ate lunch; we got ready to go to the doctor's for the 1 year and 3 year well checks. I was driving Ryan's car because he took mine to work to get the oil changed and his car doesn't have a clicky lock thingy. So I went to get Nathan out of the car at the doctor's office (my mom met us and she had gotten Rylee out) and I locked the front lock and got Nathan out. I leaned in to get Rylee's binky she had dropped and I dropped my keys and hurried and got out and shut the door. I had just turned around and went to find my keys so I knew where they were when I realized that they had probably gotten dropped in the backseat when I went to find Rylee's binky. I hurried and looked in the window and there they were! Yuck! So I hurried and called Ryan and he was in the middle of the oil change so he said he would leave as soon as they were done...good thing he was carrying a key with him! So we got through the well check and found out that Rylee is a cute and petite little girl and Nathan is a big boy! haha (I will give you the stats at the end of this saga.) Rylee was due for her 1 year shots even though she was given antibiotics for a sinus infection so we went into the waiting room where Nathan began eating all sorts of treats and candy to keep him busy! I took Rylee into get her shots thinking that surely she was going to cry for these but we would just get over it. The lady gave her the 3 shots and started putting bandaids on when I realized that Rylee was crying so hard that she was going to pass out. The lady was like "Oh, I have never had a baby pass out. I don't think that babies pass out." I was like "She is going to pass out!" Meanwhile I turned her around and try to get her not to and the lady says "Oh my gosh! I am going to go and get a doctor!" I said "Yes please go get Dr. S!" (I think that my kids doctor is amazing and I trust him completely!) Well she came back in right as Rylee was coming to with Dr. S's nurse and some other nurse I didn't know. She explained that this was a classic breathe holding spell meanwhile I was almost in tears because this drives me crazy! So Rylee was pale as pale could be when we left but at least I know that someday she will grow out of this passing out but not for several years. Ryan got there about 10 minutes later and got us in the car! Yay so glad he was able to get away from work to help me!
We stopped at Target on the way for Rylee's prescription where I told Nathan I would buy him an icee. So we left with an icee in hand which he had to share with Rylee. We were almost home and he wanted me to take his icee because he was tired. We got home just in time before he fell asleep and so I told him that we needed to go outside and play but he really didn't want to. I didn't care if he wanted to or not I told him we were going outside for awhile. When Ryan got home I had made dinner and Nathan was laying on the couch trying to go to sleep. Ryan kept trying to get him up because we wanted to eat dinner and then take the kids swimming at the rec. centers outside pool. We all ate except for Nathan who finally ate and in the middle of him eating totally threw everything up!!! Yuck! I was like oh he probably just gagged or ate too much junk at the doctor's office...he's probably not sick. So I took him up and put him in a bath quickly cancelling swimming. He ended up having a high fever 102.5 and kind of halucinating about an hour after we gave him motrin so Ryan gave him a blessing and we put him in a nice warm/cool bath which brought his fever down tremendously. He slept fine until 5am the next morning when he started to throw up again! Yuck again! I sat by him on the bathroom floor while he tried to sleep/throw up for another 2 hours.
Ryan decided he could stay home with us which was so great because I was worried what I would do with Rylee if Nathan was throwing up all day. He didn't throw up after 6am so that was good but he was definitely sick all day. I took Rylee to the swimming class I do with her and that was basically my whole day...taking care of Rylee and my sick sweet little boy who everytime he would throw up he apologized for doing it. He is just so sweet!
This morning at 5am again, Nathan came into my room wanting a drink of water. He had a fever again so I gave him medicine and a drink and sent him back to bed. Poor guy. As a mom I just feel so bad when my kids get sick. I don't want them to have to go through the yuckiness of being sick at all. So today I get to clean my house and take care of Nathan which hopefully he is getting better! I really want him better for swimming lessons tomorrow. I have basically had to cancel all of the items that I had going but I guess that's what happens huh? Oh well! I am very nervous and scared that Rylee might get this yucky bug! She has shared drinks with Nathan and I am hoping that she doesn't but the odds are probably not in my favor!
Rylee's 1 year stats:
18 lbs. 7 oz. (10th percentile)
28.75 inches tall (41st percentile)
Nathan's 3 year stats:
37 lbs (90th percentile)
39 inches tall (80th percentile)
3 comments:
Rylee is just the little peanut! Sick kids are no fun so I hope Nathan feels better soon.
Wow, you have days like that too?! Tomorrow will be better! : ) Hopefully Nathan is feeling better and it ends there, right!
Sorry Nathan hasn't been feeling well. I hope that the rest of your week goes better.
Post a Comment