Saturday, June 28, 2008

That's gonna leave a mark

Last night was so much fun because one of my good friends Misty and her family came into town! They moved about 2 years ago from our ward/neighborhood and this is the first time they had been back! She was my visiting teacher and we got to be really good friends. We would get together and scrapbook in the winter when we really couldn't play outside with the kids! It was so good to see them and have a BBQ with them and a bunch of other couples from our ward that they were friends with! She is such a sweetheart and I miss her lots!!

Tonight we had another get together with the Sunday School class I have been attending which is the Marriage and Family Relations class. I go by myself because Ryan is busy teaching Sunday School to the teenagers in the ward but I love the class! The teachers are a married couple and they are AMAZING! They decided that we would have a date night with all the people in the class...we would all bring our spouse even if they don't come to the class. So that was tonight. There was a good group of us there and I kept telling Ryan that we should have gotten a babysitter after we got to the church. Other couples brought their kids so I wasn't too worried except that I had to deal with Rylee and her onriness! There were a couple of kids Nathan's age so I thought it would be fine. About half way through the evening I heard Nathan bawling out in the hall. The adults were all just chatting, playing games and having a good time when Ryan brought Nathan in and I thought I saw blood right below his eye. My first thought was "what did he fall off of????!!!!" He came over and I saw it closer...the little boy that was there had bitten Nathan's cheek. Not once. Twice! One right below his eye where I could see his teeth marks that broke skin as well and then just a big red mark down from that. The other couples that saw it hurried and told the little boys parents. He got in trouble and punished but I just felt so bad for Nathan and then the parents because I know if Nathan had done that to someone I would feel terrible! We put ice on it and it looks much better than it did when it first happened but I think tomorrow he will have a black eye and some pretty bad bruises! Bad thing about this is that I have family pictures schedules for Monday night!!!! Of course something like this happens! Here is the damage... (we didn't beat the kid...they really are bite marks! I promise!)


This was all over a little toy car!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

OUCH!!!! My poor little Natey boy.

Kelly, Carrie, Kylie and Zachary said...

poor kid! that looks so painful! hope you feel ok nathan!

Angela said...

Ouch Nathan that looks like it hurt! I can't believe he got bit twice over a toy car.....OUCH it makes my face just hurt!

Mandy and Kalen said...

Ok... Seriously? My WHOLE family just checked it out and we can't believe that! The poor little buddy! I hope he's ok... PLUS you better keep it clean... Human teeth are SO dirty!

Anonymous said...

Ouch...Hope you're okay Nathan.
Have to give him self defense lessons.
Lov ya

Mik's Jewelry Shop said...

I don't know what to say!