My SIL Alexis told me to read a blog the other day and warned me that I would cry. So I started reading it and I got a huge wake up call. It was the saddest blog but it was exactly what I needed to read/hear. It has reminded me how fragile this life is. This lady whose blog I was reading (I don't even know her) just lost a little girl who was 2 months older than Rylee to a tragic drowning accident! How could this not hit close to home?! I was bawling as I read her blog about the days events afterwards (which has only been not even 2 weeks) i.e. how she deals with her kids now. I couldn't even imagine not having either one of my kids. In today's post she asked people to write down the little things that your kids do so you remember and appreciate them.
Nathan
Nathan is a puzzle lover! He enjoys fruit snacks, popcorn or treats at anytime of the day even 5 minutes after breakfast! He loves to have sleepovers at Nana and Papa's house. He sings all sorts of songs all throughout the day which I think I should take time to enjoy more. He always comes and gets in bed with me in the morning. He is very tenderhearted. He is such a smart kid. He loves Mickey Mouse, Curious George and Thomas the Train...okay he loves cartoons! He loves to go anywhere his dad goes. He is learning how to share. He loves to build the roads for his choo choo trains to ride on. He is such a monkey...anywhere we go that has a pole that he can hang from he will hang and swing or even slide on them (I let him because I remember doing the same thing when I was a kid and totally loving it!).
Rylee
Rylee is a sweet little girl. She gives the biggest smiles when she wakes up and you get her out of her bed. She LOVES her bottle! If you ask her to get her baby she will go and find a baby and bring it to you. She tries to walk everywhere and when she falls down she gets right back up and tries again! She is a firecracker! She communicates even though she doesn't say more than a few words i.e. she smacks her lips when she wants something to eat/bottle. She claps her hands when someone sings "If your happy and you know it" or "pattycake". She waves hi and bye. She adores her brother! She climbs on anything she can...her rocking chair, chairs and stands up like she is so big!
I just wanted to say how much I love my family. Ryan and my kids are my whole world! I am trying to think about the little things in life, just to enjoywatching my kids grow up and not taking any moments for granted because this life is so short in the scheme of things! Good thing there is more to come like FOREVER with them right?!
So take some time and write down the little things that your kids do that you don't want to forget.
2 comments:
If we could only learn these lessons from other people... not to take for granted any of the small stuff. If really opened my eyes when I read this blog. Life is so fragile and to really figure out what is important and what really doesn't matter. Just to be grateful for all that we are blessed with.
Wow! I read that blog and I am definitely grateful. Thanks for passing it on!
Post a Comment