Saturday, June 21, 2008

My favorite kind of days

Today was supposed to be the hottest day of the year here so we planned to take the kids swimming at my grandparents house since they have a big pool with a diving board and everything. We met my parents over there and we swam for quite a while! Of course on occasions like this I usually forget my camera and today was no exception! Yah, great job Tris! But we had a really fun time swimming and I think it makes my grandparents day when they get to see my kids. They are always telling my dad how much they brighten their day and my grandpa tells him that he basically opens his pool up every year just so Nathan will come and swim! Too cute I tell ya! We took a little lunch break and ate Subway thanks to mom and dad! Then we swam even more! Yes, I definitely have the sunburned face to prove it too (I hear my dad has the same shiny forehead that I have!)!!! Rylee was so cute in the pool in her little float with her hat and sunglasses on the whole time! She loves the water and wants to blow bubbles but instead she just opens her mouth and takes a drink! haha We really tried to work with Nathan on his swimming skills he has been learning the past two sets of lessons. This is his last week of lessons and I think we are going to stop for the summer and try to work with him and see if we can get him more comfortable in the water. He really has learned a lot from his lessons...he now will blow bubbles even with his nose in the water and he is a really good kicker. I need to get him to float and be comfortable floating so we will see how things go.
After we swam we changed and went for a drive up one of the canyons by my parents house. It was so nice up there! The weather was Beautiful and to make it even better we saw two moose on the way up! A nice bull moose was in the creek right next to the road and then a little bit farther was a female moose (can't think of what they call them). Anyway, on the way down we stopped and got Nathan out so he could see the bull moose who decided to lay down next to the creek...or maybe in the creek...Anyway, Nathan thought it was pretty cool! (Ryan took a picture of it with my phone so sorry if the quality isn't too great but you get the idea.)
We ran lots of errands on the way home but we had a really fun day as a family! I love these kind of days I get to spend with my family doing fun things! This was a great way to end this chaotic week!

1 comment:

Mandy and Kalen said...

Oh wow! I think that moose are so cool! Really they are like the weirdest, most awkward creatures ever! And they are so big! I was so excited the first (and only) time I saw one!