Monday, January 28, 2008

Scrapfest 2008

I had to name this blog with a year because I fully intend on attending next years Scrapfest and blogging about it as well! As I said in my post before this...Scrapfest was phenomenal! Friday afternoon my mom, Rylee and I left and went to St. George. On our way down there we stopped by my best friend from high school Melanie's house, to see her sweet baby boy who was born like 4 days before Christmas! It was so much fun to see her and what a cute mom she is! They (Mel and Greg) have the cutest little boy named Maddux and he is definitely his fathers look alike! He was still so tiny and precious! Then we headed down to St. George. When we got there we went to dinner and then back to the hotel to start some scrapbooking. My mom and I were at a table with my SIL Alexis and her mom Dodie. Rylee and Elsa (Alexis' little girl) basically sat on the floor and played with toys for the majority of the time we were there scrapbooking. They were really good to hang out which was nice and even nicer when they each took little cat naps! :) We had a welcome meeting and then most people I am sure stayed and scrapbooked but Rylee was definitely ready for bed. So we went to our hotel room and I think that this was the hardest part of the trip because I definitely would have stayed up much later scrapbooking but I didn't want to make Rylee miserable...so like I said I will be attending next year without any kids! Saturday morning we got up and went over to Joanne's and did a little shopping for some cute paper and such. We really just scrapbooked all day on Saturday with another trip to Joanne's and to Pebbles in my Pocket which was right across the street from our hotel. There were prizes to win and contests to play also throughout the day. It was a lot of fun to just hang out and visit with family and friends. My mom even scrapbooked her trip to Norway that I had begun for her. Which bytheway! We called our table the amateur table for the very reason that everyone around us knew what they were doing. I am the kind of scrapbooker that is doing really good if I can paste the pictures on some paper that matches and then adds some stickers. haha I did get I think 9 pages done with cute pictures from when Rylee was born. You should have seen some of the pages people did! So I am sure Sarah will have a great blog about this amazing event she planned and held so check out her blog! http://sarahbarlow.blogspot.com/ I even saw quite a few girls who I went to high school with. Kinda crazy I tell ya! We went to dinner at the Pizza Factory Saturday night and ate some YUMMY food there! Then we went back for MORE scrapbooking. I think we stayed up until around 10pm which was later than Friday night but I still wish I could have stayed up even later. So this year was the second year for Scrapfest and they over doubled last years numbers! This year there were about 76 women from all over! Las Vegas, California, Utah, Idaho, and even Chicago! Thanks for a wonderful weekend!

Sunday morning my mom and I got up and basically got our stuff together and left. We were in a really bad storm from St. George until Cedar City. Yucky yucky weather! I am glad to be home but I cannot wait until next year!
Elsa and Rylee hanging out at Scrapfest!
Playing with toys.






Smile Girls!

Rylee asleep in her carrier next to my scrapbooking stuff.

Alexis and Elsa scrapbooking...busy busy busy!

Rylee playing next to Nana on the floor. Thanks goodness I had my mom there because she helped out a ton with Rylee! Thanks mom!

This is the other half of the room behind our table.

Alexis and Elsa doing some scrapbooking.

My mom scrapbooking in action! Pretty impressive mom!!! Good job!

Rylee fell asleep on my mom's lap because she was so tired and she wouldn't fall asleep in her carrier.

This was our table with the babies on the other side playing on the floor.

This is Sarah...she was amazing! She put this whole thing together and she did a great job! She was probably exhausted because she is pregnant with her 5th baby and due in May which makes her more amazing! Thanks for an awesome weekend, Sarah!

2 comments:

Angela said...

Those babies are way too cute.....I guess I'll have to plan to go next year....keep me posted with information.

Anonymous said...

Good blogging page. Fun to reminisce. The pictures turned out cute, especially of the babies. =)