Tuesday, January 15, 2008

The very latest

I have to give myself a little bit of a pat on the back right now because Nathan is still in big boy underwear. Yes day 2 and the diapers are still put away. Last night he wore a pull up to bed and I told him that it was big boy pants for night time. I don't know if he really buys that or not but I am thinking if we can get the day potty training done then we will go to the night. This morning he woke up and it seemed like maybe he had peed one time just a few minutes before he actually went in the potty. Who knows! He did have one accident today with the poop again but I am sure with a few more days he will get it. Last night I went and bought a whole bunch of treats and prizes for him going in the big boy potty. I bought a big bag of M&M's which are his favorite, Skittles, Air Heads, and then for the poo poo in the potty he gets Matchbox cars. I also bought him some "training pants" which are thicker underwear so if he does pee it doesn't leak so bad and then also some rubber underpants to go over his normal underwear. I think I really like the training pants right now though. He did a little poo poo in the potty but then followed that with an accident so I took his car away and we are still awaiting him to earn it back. He definitely gets an E for effort on trying. He is constantly wanting to sit on the potty and go "poo poo". I just love him! He is so sweet and such a good boy! I guess I would be enjoying this a little more if I felt better. I hurt my upper back shoulder area on Sunday...I have no idea how but it feels okay in the morning and by the afternoon and evening I am in quite a bit of pain. I have been putting ice on it and heat pads but all I want to do is lay down. Potty training doesn't help it because I am constantly up and down pulling pants off and on and then holding Rylee definitely doesn't make it feel any better when I hold her...in fact it actually hurts me to hold her for very long at all.
Well, we just had a close call...he started pooping and I took him to the toilet and of course the poop fell in the toilet but no more after that. Oh this is seriously killing me. Sorry about this graphic detail of potty training...I guess it comes with the territory....even though I can't imagine doing this with Rylee and who knows after that! Agh!

5 comments:

Angela said...

Hang in there T it does get better....just think in about a week you will be so glad you did it.

Anonymous said...

You're doing a great job Tris, don't give up. He is so close.

Anonymous said...

For some reason it always seems to take boys a bit longer to master the poo stage. But it does and then yea no more. Wished they'd had the pullups when my kids where little - I hated washing of training pants, etc. and all we had was the plastic pants to put on over the training ones at night. Hang in there - it will happen - Hope your back is feeling better.

The Harris Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Harris Family said...

I am not looking forward to this stage! You sound like you are doing so great Tris! Just keeping telling yourself how nice it will be when you don't have to change his diapers anymore! Good luck girl!