I decided that I would definitely start Nathan's potty training this week. A little insane I know! But I am definitely serious this time! After the holidays I was soooooo done with the whole Nathan poopy diapers thing that I told myself "that's it! I am done with it I can't handle it anymore!" I would start last week but he was still a little bit sick last week so I put it off for another week and today was my starting day. After he got up he came in my room and I asked him if he needed to go to the potty so he did. He peed and his diaper was mostly dry from last night. Yay! So there was a great moment especially when he came downstairs like 25 minutes later and said "mommy, I need to go potty". So I took him upstairs and he went pee pee again! I thought, "okay now this is gonna be so easy!" So I kept asking him, "do you need to sit on the potty?" He would always tell "nope". So I didn't worry too much because I kept feeling his diaper and it was dry! Finally after 1 1/2 hours of not going potty he ended up pooping and peeing in his pants while he was looking for a snack. I just felt like I was already done...I was talking to my SIL Alexis and she was like "it's okay, he's gonna have accidents just put some clean underwear on him and keep going." I told her that I was gonna put a diaper on him because for a few minutes he didn't want anything to do with the potty. Well, I called my mom soon after that and she was like "just tell him the diapers are gone." So that's what I did and all day he has gone pee pee in the potty but he did have another accident when he pooped again in his underpants but he peed too. Oh well I thought, this is just part of this whole process. When he pooped in his underpants he told me "let's try the soccer ball underpants and see if they will do better." I had to laugh because it was whichever underpants that he wanted to wear next. haha I guess what made me keep going was when I called my mom and she told me "just think, a week from now you will be so glad that you did it and that you aren't starting that Monday". So I am in it now and I better be so glad next Monday that my son is potty trained and life should be a little bit easier in that department...But who knows right?! Definitely not me!!!

Nathan sporting his big boy underwear.
4 comments:
Nathan we are very proud of you. Hang in there T....Mom is right it is great to be done with diapers.
Good job Tris, it is really a test of patience. But well worth it. Nathan is so smart he will get it.=D
Okay, I'm not looking forward to that!! Good luck, and stick with it!
good luck! at least he will go potty int the potty!! i am jealous!!!
Post a Comment