I haven't been on the computer at all lately because I have been caught up in reading a really good series of books. It's the Twilight Series by Stephenie Meyer and I have been averaging about 250 pages a day which is about one book in two or three days. I think Ryan thinks that my kids are being neglected because I have been reading so much but they really haven't been! I am about half way through the third book and I think that they are some of the best books I have ever read. But we have had quite a bit going on here in Salt Lake that's for sure! To say the least would be that we have been "Dumped on". Yes the snow just won't quit falling for some reason! Yesterday it snowed ALL day! Sunday morning we woke up to a new 10 inches of snow just in time to drive to church so the roads were snow packed. Yay! (very sarcastic) Ryan and Nathan built a snow fort and it has snowed since then. Our for sale sign is barely seen because of all the snow that piles up from the driveway.
On another note and much brighter note for that matter! Friday night we went over to our friends house for dinner. It was lots of fun with the Colemans and the Janzens. They each have a little boy right around Nathan's age, they each have a little girl about the same age and then they each have a baby a little younger than Rylee but still it was fun. We ate dinner, chatted and played Uno spin. It was a great time while all the kids ran around upstairs. We would hear a big crash and then make sure the kids were okay and keep right on playing our game. At 10:30pm all the kids came downstairs for a popsicle...yes what a great snack for 10:30 at night! I know! We didn't leave until 11pm but it was a fun night to be with some good friends. :)
Here are some pictures of the past week or so!

Nathan HELPING Ryan build his snow fort. haha What a helper!

After the snowfort got built Nathan LOST a snowball fight with his dad. Can you tell?!

This is the snow fort when it was done but also a couple of days old because it has new snow on it as well. Don't you like all the snow we have? I would be willing to share with whoever wanted any of it!

In the chair is Becca Janzen and her baby boy Jonathon (5 months old) and her little girl Sarah on the floor and then on the couch is Heather Coleman (her house) and her little girl Bria (3 months old).

Brad Coleman (he was eating because he had taken their little girl to the doctors for the first two hours to get her chin stitched up!) and Ryan

The three boys playing. Nathan, Andrew (in front of Nathan) and Lee on the right.

All the kids enjoying a popsicle at 10:30pm!

All the adults enjoying our game! It was such a fun night! Thanks Colemans and Janzens!
7 comments:
so glad you read the books!! we love them down here and have had a dinner with a vampire night to talk about the books!! it is so good isnt
I loved those books too. I am a Jacob fan! Such cute pics of the kids, it looks like you have had fun in the snow.. (I'm glad it's not us!)
You can keep the snow because I don't want any. Looks like you guys had fun. I am glad Nathan got to play with Lee.
Hey - we'll take some of the snow if you'll deliver it. We haven't even had enough snow to build a snowman.
Teri
Hi Tristen...it's Sarah (Tate) Ames. I found your blog on Mel's. Your kids are darling! Isn't being a mom the best? I disapeared while I read the Twilight series as well. Hope you are doing well!
Hey! I just started reading those books yesterday and I am more than half way through the first book already! Sounds like such a fun group of friends. My sisters always love when they have a family with kids the same ages to hang out with becuase it keeps the kids entertained.
Yes, I live in Cottonwood Heights. Where does your grandma live? Maybe we are neighbors! :) Email me...sarahames@msn.com
Post a Comment