Spaghetti is for dinner...that's what's for dinner! Nathan seemed pretty excited about eating spaghetti for dinner tonight because he kept talking about eating "noodles". So we went and got Fazoli's...yes I like what Sarah said the Lord would give her some tips while her husband was out of town and this was one of them: "I would exhort you to eat out each night so you won't have to stress about cooking and the clean-up associated with it."
Amen to that! Rylee loves spaghetti and Nathan, well, he loves the breadsticks. When we got home and I cut their dinner up Nathan wasn't too keen on eating it...he wanted the breadsticks. Well, tough beans kid, not until you eat your spaghetti! So finally I got him to eat his spaghetti...okay I won't lie...about 1/3 of it but it was a huge portion they gave the kid! So he finally did get a breadstick but after so many threats about no cartoons, no breadsticks and finally the kicker that got him to eat was "I will put you in time out instead so you don't have to eat but you will stay there until you decide to eat!" So he ate finally and Rylee ate a good dinner too. Even after waking up sick this morning she was such an angel all day!
Yah, Rylee woke up sick this morning at 5am with a fever of 102.5. Yuck, she was lathargic and everything so I put her in a bath after Tylenol didn't do one thing for the fever and she cried through that so I held her on me all early morning long while she was in and out of sleep. Every so often her body would jolt and she would wake up and cry. Come to find out this was when the fever would go up. I called her doctor the first chance I got because fevers scare the crap (excuse the expression) out of me! I ended up taking her in and I thought for sure the doctor was gonna give it to me and tell me to buck it up and deal with a little fever but I interjected and let him know how done I was with all of this sickness going around in my house lately! When he realized that Rylee had just gotten off an antibiotic last Wednesday from her sinus infection he ordered a blood test to make sure this wasn't that same infection. Well TA-DA! Her white blood cell count was high which indicates an infection. He put her on some stronger antibiotics this time so hopefully she gets ALL better now! She slept all afternoon...I mean from 12:30-4:45pm today! The doctor looked at Nathan's cheek right when he walked in and he could immediately tell that he had been bitten by another kid. He said it looks pretty good so that made me happy. Hopefully the scarring is minimal!
Here is the spaghetti dinner!







Needless to say we got in the bathtub right after dinner to scrape the food off of their faces and hands!
4 comments:
Rylee you are so darn cute even with food allover your face. I also see those really cute teeth. We love you Rylee and hope you feel better.
Aaaw, what cute messy kids!!
The best thing about Fazolis is the breadsticks, YUMMO!
Looks like a good enjoyable dinner. Nothing like kids eating spaghetti by themselves is there???
Yum, isn't it funny how much kids love spaghetti... I think it's because they know that it is so messy, and it makes mom work even harder! I'm just sayin'! Oh well, your kids sure are cute even covered in sauce!
Post a Comment