Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Tuckered Out

After lunch today Nathan told me that he wanted to go to his friends Lee's house and play. It got me thinking about what we were doing today and I realized that today could be a long afternoon since he was already restless. So I called Lee's mom on the phone and asked if Lee could come over to our house and play since I thought it would be rude to just say "Nathan wants to play with Lee and could he just come over there?!" haha So Lee came over at 2 this afternoon and his mom picked him back up at 4pm. This ended up being a good afternoon for him to come over since she was trying to finish a project for the Friday night spaghetti dinner and auction that the Young Women are having. Before Lee left I kept trying to get them both to clean up the toys but that plan did not succeed. So after Lee left I told Nathan that he needed to clean up the toys or else the toy monster would come. I sat down to watch tv while he was busy cleaning (really he was playing) and the next thing I knew it was silent and Nathan was laying face first on the carpet. He had fallen asleep amidst all of his toys/mess! I had to take pictures because he made me laugh. I moved him to his couch and he had the carpet marks on his face!! Poor kid! This playing stuff is hard business!!!

5 comments:

Angela said...

This will teach you to have more playdates because he takes a nap. I remember those days of not cleaning toys up oh wait I still have that problem.

The Harris Family said...

That is so funny...It looks like you have a million toys!

Lance and Em said...

Too cute! I love the picture that looks like he has face planted on the carpet! LA LA Love IT! Thanks for the laugh!
P.S. Do you want to get together at the first of next week?

Mandy and Kalen said...

What a sweet story and picture! He is such a cutie! We love you too Nathan!

Oh- and when I saw this template... I thought of you! I am NOT suprised that you changed your template to cherries!

Unknown said...

oh wow!! just fell asleep right there with all his toys! so cute!