Friday, March 7, 2008

Time for a change

I decided I was in need of a serious change/makeover. Yesterday I took my kids over to my mom's and I went to my hair lady. I hadn't really 'cut' my hair since before I had Rylee and about 2-3 months after I have a baby I lose my hair. Okay, well I have hair left but I lose probably half of my hair. It comes out in handfuls that I really never think is normal but nonetheless I deal with it because my kids are worth it. I thought last time I got it trimmed that I was on my way to 'growing' it out. Didn't last too long because when it gets longer than my shoulders it mostly goes up in a ponytail each day. I was tired of being boring and not so cute. Needless to say I got more than three inches cut off and my hair is almost to my chin!! My hair lady told me that it was a good thing I cut it this short because of all the new hair that has started to come in. The new hair is only a couple of inches long so I am at least giving it a chance to catch up. Now it's right back to the thickness that I had before. She colored it and it looks good at least to me. When Ryan saw me he told me that he really liked it so that's who should matter right?! haha Actually when I picked my little ones up from my mom she liked it and Nathan's first words were "Mommy your hair." A little in awe actually. When I get a picture of it I will post it but I really like the new haircut.
On another note, I took Rylee to the doctors this morning for her 9 month check up. I cannot believe that she is already 9 months old!!!! She is still quite tiny for her age though. Today she weighed in at 16 lbs 13 oz, 27 inches tall and 44 cm for her head circumference. She is in the 15th percentile for her weight and 51st percentile for her height and 60th percentile for her head. She is my precious little girl and so happy all the time. I must say that she loves cheerios and fruit puffs. She also loves ice cream and mashed potatoes. Dr. Schmidt (the greatest pediatrician) told us that by the time she is 12 months she probably shouldn't be eating anymore babyfood!! Can I just say how glad I am to hear that!?!
I also had to make an appointment for Nathan to go in with Rylee because he has been sick for two weeks now and almost a whole month with just sicknesses! He hasn't gotten better like he normally does so the doctor looked in his ears and said they looked like they were 'recessed' which he put in my terms 'like when you can't pop your ears' that's what they looked like. He said that he had a sinus infection because his lungs sounded good. So we are on an antibiotic now and hopefully on the mend.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope the antibiotic helps our little guy. They are just so cute and Nana loves them. The hair cut is really cute too.

Angela said...

Hopefully the antibiotic will kick in and Nathan will feel better. Rylee is just a little peanut but a mighty cute peanut. Can't wait to see the pictures of your hair..

Brianna said...

AHHH!!! So great to hear from you. Wow, it has been YEARS!!! I'm sorry I haven't had a chance to read your blog just yet, I just wanted to write you ASAP and tell you how wonderful it was that you found us. I see that you have two kids, CRAZY! We'll have to keep in touch now. So are you in Utah or Vegas or somewhere else?

Lane and Katie Eyre said...

I can't wait to see the hair! Don't you just love a good change!?

Mandy and Kalen said...

Love your hair! I "trimmed" mine the other day and I think I'll stick with the shorter hair for a while, like you, its good to have a change. But Kalen NEVER notices when I do anything to my hair!

So I think Kinsey will catch up to Rylee before too long! She's 14 1/2 lbs and 25 1/2 inches long! I hope Nathan gets better soon and stays that way!