I am writing this as I sit in a hotel room in Las Vegas. Yep, not going anywhere till tonight when we are going to dinner. I guess this all started a couple of days ago.
Saturday we were out an about with Kalen, Mandy and Kinsey. Nathan started acting really weird after waking up from a little nap he had taken. He told Ryan that he wanted medicine for something. Which in Nathan's world means he wants Tylenol to take some kind of pain away. Sunday morning Ryan and I were almost ready for church when Nathan came in and he couldn't even breathe through his nose it was so plugged up. Gross! So we stayed home and vegged while trying not to spread his sickness to Kinsey or Rylee. Well, Monday night we talked to Nathan about going to Las Vegas and seeing his cousins and he got so excited. 3am I heard Rylee kind of fussing so I went in her room to see if she needed her binky. She had pushed herself all the way to the top of the crib so I pulled her down and then I tried to put her binky in her mouth. She kept moving her head away from the binky getting pretty upset that I was putting it in her mouth. She was still fussing so I picked her up to try to soothe her and when I felt her head with my face I about freaked out. I hauled her in my room calling out to Ryan that she was burning up! I just knew she was completely burning up not just a little bit either. So of course I freak out because when Nathan got a really high fever when he was Rylee's age he ended up seizuring because his fever got so high. Not a pleasant memory for me honestly. Her temperature read 102.1 degrees. So I gave her tylenol and laid her next to me in our bed. In about an hour she had gone back to about normal so I put her in her crib and went to bed. I gave her more Tylenol at 7am and called her doctors when they opened.
I kinda get it that there are a bazillion kids who are sick right now that just a fever isn't something to see a baby about automatically but it still freaked me out because it seemed a little on the high side. So ever since then we have been rotating Tylenol and Motrin every 3 hours to keep her temperature from going up again. So as the freakish mom that I am, I told Ryan that there was no way we as in me and the two kids could go to Las Vegas now. So he cancelled his reservation and we just hung out all morning yesterday while Ryan tried to decide if he should leave us and go to this convention. He actually decided not to but Nathan kept telling us.... "I going to Lat Vegat". We felt really bad because we knew that he was looking forward to this. I was on the phone with my mom feeling bad because I was looking forward to a little vacation as well. Rylee was actually doing a bit better on the medicine and my mom told me that maybe we should still go. Well about an hour later we were pulling away from the house on our way to Las Vegas. I knew that we wouldn't be doing much down here because my kids are both sick but it was still nice to get away from everything namely the GERMS that are infesting my house!!!! I should have had someone come over and kill all the germs that have currently found a temporary residence at my humble home.
This morning I woke up and I had let Rylee go about 5 hours without any medicine and I took her temperature and she was still at about 100.8 degrees. So I called my SIL Alexis and told her that I didn't think she wanted my kids around her kids with the whole fever and yuckiness that we are currently carrying with us. Now we are just hanging out relaxing, taking naps and watching some tv in our hotel room. Actually it's not too bad to be down here in the 70 degree weather and not wearing coats...even in short sleeve shirts and capris for me! I am loving the weather. I took the kids on a walk this morning while they cleaned our room...soaked up a little Vitamin D...everytime I say that I think of Oprah and Dr. Oz.....haha Ryan will be back later and we will go to dinner and then we will leave for home in the morning. I am enjoying a little time away in the meantime.
7 comments:
Hi Tristen, so sorry to hear that you have has sick kids! That is the worst. Hope that they continue to do better!
Sorry your kids are sick! That sounds scary to me. Probably good that you got out of the freezing cold for a day and it's always nice to have someone make your bed for you!!
Hope they get better soon.
Yuck! It's so hard when kids are sick! But I do think it was probably good for you guys to get away from the colder weather. You know, there are some really bad things going around this year. It seems like everyone (especially little kids) is getting this horrible flu. So much for flu shots...
Have fun in Vegas, though! I know I'm jealous! :)
I'm glad your enjoying being in Las Vegas even with the sick kiddos. Drive careful and I'll see you the end of the week. =)
Yes, 70 degree weather is wonderful. We enjoyed it yesterday as well. I am sorry Rylee is still running a fever that is no fun. Hope you still enjoyed Las Vegas.
Hey Tristen! Sorry that your kids are sick...that's not fun at all!! I am jealous that you get to hang out in nice weather...I would give anything to take a walk outside!
This sick bug going around is so annoying! Hopefully your vacation will help everyone feel better!
Post a Comment