Monday, February 11, 2008

Donald's

Yesterday I got talking to my good friend Celeste and we decided that we needed to have some serious girl time. That includes lots of talking while the kids play!! So we invited our good friend Karen and we decided that probably the only place we can go and talk while the kids keep busy would be McDonald's or as Nathan calls it Donald's. So today we all met up there with our kids. Karen brought her 4 year old Kade and his cousin Wesley, Celeste brought her 4 year old Spencer and her little 10 month old Addy B, and I brought Nathan and Rylee. The boys all played while we just sat around talking. Nathan actually played with the boys in the tunnels and then eventually he went in the basketball area and played with a little baby who was crawling. I told Ryan that he was playing with someone his own speed now because he gets really intimidated when he is around all the bigger kids in the tunnels. We all talk quite often but it is usually on the phone and we talk for a long time too. It was nice to get together all three of us and talk about our lives in general. These are two of the greatest women I know. They both are totally amazing and so I love to hang out and chat with them. We definitely have some great conversations to say the least. haha


Celeste and Addy B are on the left and Karen is on the right.

I have to mention that yesterday Nathan didn't take a nap but that was okay because we just all hung out as a family. Today after we got home from Donald's at 2:30 Nathan decided that he wanted to watch a movie. So I put in Shrek 2 for him and not even 20 minutes into the movie Nathan was asleep and then Rylee went down for a nap soon after that. So as I blog again today, both of my kids are sleeping. This is amazing, people. I thought Nathan was really done with naps for good but apparently he is growing or something. Maybe going to Donald's was a good idea because it wore him right out just in time for nap at home. What a great day!

So here are a series of pictures of Rylee. She was being really silly the other day blowing air and spit out of her mouth. She would get really big cheeks of air and make raspberries out of her mouth but lots of air at the same time. It was so funny. To really get it you might have to see it for yourself though because I can hardly explain what she does.


Nathan hanging out in his diaper.

1 comment:

Angela said...

Where is Rylee's headband?? Looks like you guys had fun.....glad to hear your kids are taking naps together that is always nice.