Saturday, February 9, 2008

Getting away

On Thursday, Nathan got his long time wish. Well kinda. His good friend Lee whose house we went to the other night; got to come over Thursday while his mom took his sister to get the stitches out of her chin. So Lee came over and played with Nathan at our house. The reason I say he kinda got his wish is because he is ALWAYS asking me "mommy, I go to Lee's house." It actually comes out something like this "mommy, I doe to Leep Hout." It really makes me laugh because now he calls him Leep instead of Lee. They played really good together. They ran around the house like crazy little boys and played with tons of toys together. In the beginning anything that Lee would pick up Nathan would immediately go over and try to take it from him telling him that he couldn't play with that toy because it was his. I put a quick stop to his not sharing. I can't believe that he had such a hard time sharing...okay well I can because he barely has started sharing with Rylee but I guess it was because they are usually his toys.
Friday Ryan took me to a movie of my choice. I was excited because there are a whole bunch of movies that I want to see. My mom said she would watch the kids for us so that was great to have a WONDERFUL babysitter and even better that we are able to leave Rylee when we go now! I have weaned her in the daytime and she only nurses when she wakes up in the morning and when she goes to bed at night. We went to "27 Dresses" with Katherine Heigel and it was a really cute movie. After the movie we went to Bajio and shared a quesadilla since we had already had some popcorn at the movie. It was nice to go somewhere without the kids for once and I am looking forward to our anniversary in March because Ryan has already promised that we would go away for it. So that's another reason I am weaning Rylee because I don't really want to have to take her on our little getaway at the end of March.
I finished all three books in the Twilight Series and I am now reading The Choice by Nicholas Sparks which is really good so far so I am sure I will be done with that one in another day or so.
Today we went and ran a bunch of errands and I got my two kids a little gift for Valentine's Day. While we were out we got a couple of phone calls from our realtor telling us about two different showings that wanted to come today. On our way home we kept telling Nathan that he should take a nap if he wants to go and watch Ryan play church basketball tonight. So as I blog right now both of my kids are asleep taking naps. Wow! Nathan took a nap yesterday too! Okay, he did fall asleep in the car but still he is in his bed right now sleeping. Yay for us!! He even went to bed without a fight last night AND at his normal bedtime. Now that's amazing!

2 comments:

Angela said...

Yeah you are lucky to have a great babysitter so close to you. When I want that babysitter I have to buy a plane ticket. LUCKY! Glad to hear you had fun at your movie it is really nice to go out without kids. I can't believe Nathan took a nap 2 days in a row. The Choice is really really good. Enjoy it.

The Harris Family said...

How fun that you will get to go somewhere alone together for your anniversary! And I agree with Angie...you are lucky to have such great babysitters so close! I wish my Mom was able to babysit for me.