There are sometimes when I am just very ready to go to bed and last night was definitely one of them. Ryan and I got the kids bathed and in bed at around 8:30 last night and I got my pj's on and Ryan got his basketball clothes on to go play with the guys at the church. We finished watching American Idol and Biggest Loser (I have to watch them at the same time because I was recording Big Brother) and then Ryan left for the church. I stayed up and caught up on some of my tv shows that I have neglected to watch for weeks now. Ryan got home a little after 11pm and I finished watching the show that was on and then we went up to bed. Just before midnight we got into bed to fall asleep. I don't remember much after that because it felt like my head hit the pillow and I was out. Except for about an hour later (1:15am) to be exact, Rylee started to cry. So up I went into her room to put her binky back in. Well that didn't do much because she started to scream when I walked out of her room. I went and layed down thinking that she would just have to deal with it because I was too tired and she was fine. I had given her Tylenol at bedtime and there wasn't much else I could do to help her. So she kept on crying/screaming loud enough that Ryan woke up to her cry which meant it was loud enough for him to hear over his sleep apnea machine that is a low roar by itself. So Ryan got up and went in there to see what her deal was. He is a good dad and he picked her up and was rocking her in the rocking chair. Of course she was fine so I went in there because I felt bad that he was up and he had to go to work in just a few short hours. So I held Rylee and rocked her and she just layed there looking at me not even batting an eye. It was like she wasn't even tired so she thought we should all suffer and be up with her. I decided to lay her down since she was fine again but not with out some more Tylenol in case her teeth were hurting her or something. She had gas while I was holding her so when I laid her down she started screaming again. I went and got the gas drops and those didn't even phase her. I gave up and let her cry again and laid down on my bed just praying she would sleep. But nope! Once again Ryan got up and went in to see if he could help her. I laid there listening to see if she would lay down for him. He got out one of her toys which happened to be a Discovery toy ball that she loves to play with. They sat in there for a few minutes and rolled the ball back and forth. I was definitely done with her being up. Ryan tried to lay her down and she wouldn't have it so I decided that I would take one for the team so I grabbed my pillow and Rylee and I took her down to the family room and put her in her saucer which made her SO mad! I turned on cartoons and instead of making her stand in her saucer I put her in her carseat/carrier so she could see the tv which happened to be Barney. I laid on the couch next to her and I fell asleep before she did. I woke up sometimes later and she was FINALLY asleep so I turned the tv off. Then she woke up crying at about 6am so I just turned on the tv and rocked the carrier while I laid there. Ryan came down and then went to shower but after he got done showering I told him that she was his now and he could give her a bottle and put her to bed. So that's what he did. He said that she drained the bottle (so maybe she was hungry since 1 am???) and then laid right down. I was out in a minute in my bed because I didn't sleep too well on the couch. Ya know, one of those times where you are kinda asleep but I was definitely conscious of sleeping on the couch. Not a great sleep that's for sure! Nathan came in before 8am and I was so out of it I couldn't even say anything and I think he didn't know what to do so he went into his room until I finally could muster out some words...I think they were "let me turn on cartoons for you." Rylee slept until 10am and so I have no sympathy for her because she got her sleep. Nathan made me get up just after 9am if he didn't make me get up I could have slept for hours more.
I am left with this now. I can't figure out why she was up and why she wouldn't lay down. I don't think it's her ears because she has been eating fine, maybe it was her teeth moving/coming in that hurt, was she really hungry? I don't think she was hungry because she hasn't gotten up in the middle of the night to eat since she was about 2 months old. Maybe she had a bellyache. I don't know but I sure would like an answer. If she could just talk and tell me. I tell you that the last time also the first time Nathan had an ear ache was just over a month ago and he was able to tell me what was wrong. He told my his ears hurt. I love when they are able to tell you what hurts. Hopefully we get naps today. Nathan has a cold. Monday after going to lunch he took his nap and when he woke up he was congested a little bit but then yesterday he felt yucky and so hopefully that will entice him to take a long needed nap for the three of us! We'll see.....I am definitely not holding my breathe on this one.
3 comments:
Ugh, I know how you feel! I hate those random times when for some weird reason your kid won't sleep. I try just to think positive and be grateful for that moment of quiet time I have with them, even though I'm losing my precious sleep!
Sorry to hear about your night. Morgan was in bed with us last night too. Hopefully you get some sleep tonight.
I hate that when you feel like you just can't do anything to help them. I look forward to the time when Maddux can tell me what hurts too.
Post a Comment