Saturday, December 1, 2007

Yay for us...

Tonight we had our ward Christmas party. As part of the activities committee we are very glad to have it over and done with! Our ward is so noisy when it comes to these things that we hardly feel that anything good comes of them sometimes! Nonetheless it got done and I think it turned out alright. The kids were RUNNING yes full speed running down the halls the whole entire time. I think that it's fine for little kids who are like 1 and 2 years old to be running in the halls but when they are like 10 years old it gets so ridiculous. I just don't get where parents get their logic and think that it's alright for their kids to be out of control like that. Take last year for example. We had our party at the stake center and there is a stage there. Literally, the kids where hanging from the curtains on the stage. Seriously I always thought it was a figure of speech when people said "the kids were hanging from the curtains" but last year the kids really were doing that. Parents just completely check out and then spiritual programs like tonights don't turn out near as spiritual as they could have. Blah! Anyway, we had a baked potato bar (Ryan's great idea) and then a program and then Santa Claus came. I wasn't really sure what either one of my kids would do when they got up close and personal with Santa. When he walked into the room he walked over to Rylee and asked her name and got really close to her. She didn't even bat an eye. She has been kinda funny lately about strange people even talking to her but she didn't mind Santa Claus at all! Yay! Then I was even more worried about how Nathan would react...ya know...if he would even want to sit on his lap. Well he stood in line and waited his turn and sat on Santa's lap! I was so proud of him! He talked to him and the whole bit! Ryan got some pictures of the kids on his lap with my camera phone so I will post them later.
However, let me praise Nathan a little bit more. Okay he won't be reading this but he got up this morning and told us he wanted to get on the potty. So we put him on the big boy toilet with his Elmo seat on it. He sat there and all the sudden Ryan and I heard a little plop...so Ryan goes in there and right as he walks in there Nathan flushed the toilet. Okay so we were thinking yah, he did go poop finally. Then he flushed the potty again. Then a few minutes later Ryan and I were just sitting on the bed while Nathan was still on the potty. We heard some more little plops. Ryan ran in there and lo and behold Nathan had REALLY pooped in the big boy potty! Seriously people!? Seriously!!! I cannot tell you what a break through this is for us! We put him in big boy underwear and he went in the car with Ryan for a few minutes and was outside in the big snow storm we had this morning without ever having an accident. He did have an accident peeing his pants later on but I don't even care because he pooped in the big boy potty! I was so proud of him! He did have lots of fun in the snow later too. We got about 6-7 inches of snow and it is nice and cold now. Yay for us...yes that is sarcastic because those of you who know me...know that I do not care for the snow very much. haha So like I said, Yay for us.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay for you guys! Nathan I am so proud of you. I can't wait to see the pictures of Santa with Nathan and Rylee.

Anonymous said...

Way to go Nathan. Nana is so proud of you. What a big boy and to sit on Santas lap...Yeah