Monday, December 24, 2007

Eye Issues

I guess the stress of having so little space sometimes makes me a little bit on edge. Well, today I think Nathan pushed me right over the edge and I fell! Yep I just had enough really...He has been pretty good in my opinion but Nathan was watching cartoons this morning and suddenly decided that he was "bored". He went into the bathroom upstairs and helped himself to some "Germ X" for his hands. I scolded him for that because I have heard some not so good stories about this stuff...like kids licking their hands and getting really sick from the alcohol in it. A few minutes after that we of course didn't think much of it when he disappeared again until he came out of the bathroom and was rubbing his eyes screaming. Oh great I thought this is wonderful. I ran over to him and Ryan grabbed him. We hurried and put his head up by the sink and started throwing water in his eyes as good as we could. I looked around and found a bottle of hairspray that he had taken and sprayed right in his eyes. Yah, really great!! His eyes were so red and he kept on rubbing them over and over. Then Ryan got his eye drops and we put some of those in while he kept on screaming. He screamed the whole time we put water in his eyes too. I think he felt like this was torcher or his punishment for doing something very naughty. A little while later his eyes looked much better; they weren't red or anything but I was soooooo angry! I felt like I didn't really know what to do because yah, it is his fault because he has done this before a long time ago at our house and then we put everything in locked up places or high up and we make sure that we lock the spray bottles too. It about gave me a heart attack because my little boy comes out screaming and I have to help him. I guess I just need to make sure things are more "Nathan proofed" everywhere we go now because I guess that's what happens when he gets bored. He gets into anything he can! Ugh! I keep asking him if he can see me okay but he doesn't really give a straight answer. I just hope there are no long term effects on his eye sight. Hopefully Christmas Day is better than today. I just am not in a great mood after all of that drama happened. Tomorrow is going to be really interesting...everybody opening presents in this tiny area...I think there are 8 adults and 2 kids and 2 babies! Aghhhhhh! I will post some pictures when I get home in a couple of days and let you all know how it goes tomorrow...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

oh my that this crazy! i hope he is ok! but i heard that the eyes are pretty amazing thing and they will help wash stuff out by watering!

Angela said...

Good Luck with Christmas morning. Hope Nathan is feeling better.