Monday, November 5, 2007

Our Weekend

Today is such an exciting day here in the Parsons household. Okay not really but pretend with me that we lead exciting lives for a moment! haha Anyway, today is just filled with laundry, cleaning up around the house, grocery shopping and making dinner. Currently Nathan is watching Nemo and Rylee is sleeping. I decided to blog while I wait patiently for my clothes to dry in the dryer. This weekend we didn't have too much going on but it was fun to have a little quiet weekend for once. Ryan worked Friday which he normally doesn't do because he works 4-10 hour days. So he got some overtime since he was in St. George building a site for Thursday and Friday. I took the kids over to my mom's on Thursday because I had a lovely dr's appointment...yes the yearly people. Not very exciting but what do you do right?! Then I went and got my hair cut and colored. I actually am going a little darker...Next time it will be even darker...we didn't want to do something drastic so we are gradually going darker. Ryan thought I should go black...haha Ry! He told me I was a chicken. Yep I am! Then Thursday night we went with my mom and grandma and my dad met up with us at the University of Utah basketball game. We had a great time. The Utes won and we taught Nathan some of the Utah fight song. He sings "Utah man sir". Then he says "Go Utes!" I've taught him well, I know! Friday we were lazy in the morning and then we took Nathan to the dollar theater to see Ratatouille. It is such a cute movie and Nathan loves it! It was his second time seeing it and he enjoyed it even though he fell asleep the last 20 minutes or so. The price you pay to get him to take a nap!
Well Ryan finally came home Friday night and we just got some dinner and hung out. Saturday we got up and went to look at a camp trailer for Ryan's dad. It was really a nice one considering how dirty some of them are! Anyway, on Sunday he finally decided to buy it. So they are currently on their way to pick it up. Then Saturday afternoon we cleaned up our house for a showing and then we left at 3 for the showing. We were gone till about 8:30pm...first we went to Cabela's, then we went to look at another trailer for Ry's dad, then to dinner and then Christmas shopping which I need to get moving on! So basically it was a uneventful weekend but very nice to be with my family at the same time!
Oh! We got the video camera out last night and we are recording Nathan singing all of his songs. He has sung "Take me out to the ballgame" which he sings every word of it! He is so funny and loves to sing! I just can't wait till he is in primary and they are doing the program in sacrament meeting and Nathan is the one little kid that you can hear sing every word of every song! He is such a great singer and he can even carry a tune! Yay for Natey!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love hearing Nathan sing to me over the phone. I can't wait to see the video. You already have the makings of a star. I hate doing laundry and cleaning too. It seems like it never ends.

kristina said...

I think you should post a clip of him singing! Way to be a good housewife and make dinner, etc.

What color is your hair, besides "darker"?

Anonymous said...

Nathan is a very good singer. His little voice keeps going through my head.... take me out to do boll dame.....so cute