Monday, February 18, 2008

Ranting

I am so glad that Ryan works for the BLM...aka the Federal Government because he gets almost every holiday you can think of off. I called my mom last night to talk and asked her if my dad got today (President's Day) off. She always laughs and says "no he doesn't work for the government". We had a fun day today just hanging out as a family. We woke up this morning as Ryan's parents (who stayed with us last night) were leaving and locked the door on their way out but his dad had forgotten his wallet. Ryan got up to let them back in and then Rylee was waking up so Ryan made her a bottle and fed it to her (did I mention that I weaned Rylee last week???). I was laying in bed awake but too comfy to get up when Nathan came in at about 7:20am and told me that he was wet and needed his diaper changed. So I went in his room and found that his diaper was so full that it leaked on his bed too. Poor kid, got his diaper changed last night a little before he went to bed and obviously he needed it changed before and we failed to do that! So I changed him and then I changed his sheets and Ryan and I had to remake his whole bed. Yay what a morning! I guess this is just another point that makes me feel a bit better that he is not potty trained because he doesn't wake up dry yet. Our whole family was up by 7:45 and in our bed watching cartoons; on Ryan's day off!!! Later we went to Costco and spent too much on a whole bunch of stuff! Then we drove all over looking for a toy chest....not just a plastic toy chest but one that would look nice in my family room but hold all of the toys also. We cannot find one for a decent price and looks good. This is very frustrating! Then on our way home with both of our kids asleep we got a call at 2:10pm from our realtor telling us that we had a showing between 3-3:30pm. So we went home and did a little clean up and then left again. Maybe one day we will sell our house...or not???!! Sometimes I think that Heavenly Father is trying to tell Ryan and I that we aren't supposed to move yet. I mean it's not that we haven't prayed about it but is this our answer?! The house has been for sale for over 6 months. Ryan pointed out one good thing about the house being on the market...that our house is much cleaner all the time than it used to be. Yes sometimes we would just let it go....yah not so much anymore!! Okay so enough of my ranting.
Ryan is inspiring me right now because he is exercising on the eliptical trainer right now. I am making a mental note to follow in his footsteps tomorrow morning when I wake up. I gotta do something to lose some weight! We'll see how I do...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is nice to have days to just hang out. I need to get on the exercise band wagon too. Selling houses is so not a fun thing to do, I agree, Hang in there...

Lane and Katie Eyre said...

Oh, I want my husband to have a job like that! No holidays or weekends right!? Good luck on the house thing... it sounds like the whole market is pretty bad right now!

Angela said...

Gotta love the Government holidays....I love when Spencer has them off too but they have to fall on his days off which most of the time they do....Good luck getting back to working out it is easier than you think.

The Harris Family said...

I'm sorry Tris! It sounds like you had one of those days where nothing seems to go right! Hope you have a better week!