Monday, February 25, 2008

Ouch...

This weekend was quite eventful but overall pretty good. Friday afternoon my friend Heather came and picked me up and we went to a 24 hour scrapbook event. This worked out really well because Heather is Lee's mom...and Lee and Nathan are friends so she dropped Lee off and Ryan got to babysit the two boys while we went to scrapbook. Heather's husband, Brad is good friends with Ryan so after Brad got off work they all got together with all four of the kids (Brad and Heather's two oldest and our two kidlets) and they ate pizza played and watched sports...which included the Jazz but mostly Rylee rolling on the floor and the kids locking each other in closets and things of that nature. Anyway, the scrapbooking thing...or the Crop as they put it; was by two Creative Memories consultants and honestly I have never even looked at the Creative Memories stuff but I didn't go to buy anything but I did go to scrapbook because it seems like these days I never get any scrapbooking done unless it is going away. Okay, so this was only in Sandy and Heather and I went for only about 5 hours. I got some pages done but I have to say that Scrapfest I went to just over 4 weeks ago put on by the wonderful and the only Sarah was by far better than this event was!!! When I got home Friday night, Ryan's older brother Greg and his wife had come to stay the night because on Saturday it was our niece Kylie's 6th birthday.

Saturday morning we got up and got ready to leave. Nathan was eating breakfast, Rylee was sitting in the booster chair at the table and I was checking my email. Nathan called me upstairs so I went to see what he needed and I thought I probably should get Rylee in her car seat so we could leave. I picked her up and I started down the stairs to the family room. By the second stair my foot slipped (meanwhile Rylee was on my hip) and I fell down the rest of the stairs...that would be three. I landed on my back and all I could do was stand up and walk to the couch. By that time Rylee started crying so I was really nervous that I had hurt her. The only thing that I thought might have hurt on her was her leg. Ryan came upstairs to find out what had happened and I was just sitting on the couch a little dazed. After Rylee calmed down we tested her leg and it didn't bother her. I definitely hurt my lower back, back and arm but I got over it and off we went to the birthday party. The party was fun and Nathan loved playing with Kylie. Check out my SIL Carrie's blog to see the pictures.

After the party we went and did a little bit of shopping with Ryan's other brother Kalen, his wife Mandy and their cute baby girl Kinsey! That was lots of fun spending the afternoon and evening with them! At about 8:30pm we were relaxing because they were staying at our house for the weekend since Kalen had jury duty this morning. Mandy and I decided at 8:30 pm that we wanted a project to do so we headed off to Roberts before they closed to get some supplies. We got some cute stuff to make bows, flowers for headbands, and a clippie and headband holder. It turned out really cute and we had a great time doing it even though poor Mandy was in so much pain all weekend because she was passing kidney stones!!!! It was so much fun having them here and we are glad that Kalen didn't get chosen to be part of the jury! Thanks for a WONDERFUL weekend guys! We love you Kinsey girl! Who I must say is sooooo PRETTY and SWEET (not a prejudice aunt at all!!!!)!!!!!!!!!!!! Look how cute our project turned out....

3 comments:

Mandy and Kalen said...

Thanks for letting us stay with you guys this weekend...Eventhough I wasn't much fun! But HEY! I'm feeling better today!!!

It's ok to be a prejudice Aunt, I am! I think that my neices and nephews are THE cutest kids ever, well including my own!

Nathan was SO sweet with Kinsey! When she was crying this morning he said, "Don't cry Binsey!" in the sweetest little voice! What a sweetie!

Angela said...

Way cute T. Sounds like you had a great weekend sorry about your fall. I have done that too when we lived in Fremont. Sorry to hear Rylee is not feeling well.

Anonymous said...

The project turned out really cute and the bows are great. Hope Rylee feels better soon.