I needed to blog about our week last week even though I took ZERO pictures...you guessed it...I forgot my camera. We had such a fun week though! On Tuesday we drove down to Las Vegas; kind of for our "annual" trip. Ryan has a convention down there for work so we take advantage and go visit my brother Wade and his family. I like to go visit them because Alexis and Wade have Caitlyn and Elsa who are my kids ages. My kids LOVE to play with them and it doesn't happen too often. On our drive down we hooked up the DVD players for the kids to watch but then about half way down turned them off so Rylee would take a nap. Apparently they were both going strong because neither of them fell asleep! Can you believe that?! My 21 month old never fell asleep in the car even after 6 hours! She did not go to bed until almost 10:30 our time either! She is such a stinker! We checked into our hotel which we get out by my brother's house and then we went over for a little visit.
Wednesday morning we went to their house after Ryan left for "work" and we drove down the the outdoor outlet mall. We did some shopping but it wasn't very much because you should see Nathan and Caitlyn together shopping. They are CRAZY! Nathan isn't usually that bad when he is by himself and Caitlyn isn't like that either but put them together and you get chaotic madness! We actually went into a maternity store for Alexis to look and the kids were especially bad and we tried to get them to calm down but they just wouldn't so we left that store and I was definitely NOT a happy mom. Ryan came back that night and showed me some money he won...he doesn't gamble but he won some money in a drawing. Sweet! Wednesday night we went to dinner to our usual: Claim Jumper with a couple of Ryan's coworkers (both named Vance) and some their friends.
Thursday morning we got up and got ready. Ryan and Vance took off to go to BassPro for a little shopping before their convention. I laid down on the bed next to Rylee while her and Nathan watched cartoons and she started playing mommy to me. She was patting and rubbing my face saying "so soft". Then she got her sippy cup and she would give me a drink and wipe my face with her blanket. She is such a little mommy and she is so sweet!
Alexis and I took the kids to her ward's play group at a park. The neatest park because the playground was completely covered by a big green tent so we were all in the shade (even the benches for the mom's to sit on!). We spent a few hours at the park and the kids were so good and content playing forever! We got Capriotti's for dinner that night (Yummy!!). Then after we ate, Wade wasn't home from work yet so we left Ryan with the kids (both assured him that the babies were good to go because they had already had poopy diapers earlier) and Alexis and I went back down to the outlet mall to do a little more shopping. We went back into the maternity store where we had left and the girl who was working said "oh you guys came back? No kids this time huh?" Apparently we were a case big enough to remember! We now know why we don't take Nathan and Caitlyn shopping! Ryan called us while we were there and told us we owed him BIG time because Rylee had another poopy diaper, then Nathan went poop on the potty and then Caitlyn was on the potty pooping and had gone a little in her underwear! (sorry TMI!) Poor Ryan had lots to deal with while we were gone but we really appreciated a little time away from the craziness of the kids!
Friday morning we got up early and came home since I had to be home to help with the YW/YM Dinner and Auction. Good news about the drive home was that BOTH of the kids slept and took really good naps! We stopped in Cedar City and ate lunch at Costa Vida where I ran into Melanie my best friend from high school! I was so excited to see her and visit a little bit with her! What a coincidence to run into her at lunch. I hadn't called her because I knew she was teaching and so I knew we couldn't go visit. But instead we randomly ran into her on her lunch break! So fun! She is such a cutie and I miss her!!
We had such a fun week in Las Vegas with Wade, Alexis, Caitlyn and Elsa! Sad we didn't get to hang out more with Wade!
7 comments:
Wow so much fun and so busy. I can't even imagine taking little ones shopping. Maya alone is so restless you're a saint for even trying. Tell Ryan it's good for him to spend time every once in a while seeing what you do everyday :) I know he is a really great husband and I can just know see him cleaning up 3 poopy kids. What a trooper. Next time you go shopping you need to go to the outlets in PC so I can see you!!!
P.S. I love your background
Sounds like lots of fun, you are so wonderful to cut your trip short to help with the dinner.
I LOVED running into you too!! Sounds like such a fun trip. I can totally relate to the shopping story...anytime my family gets together and shops with kids it's a disaster! Ryan is so nice to stay home with all the kids for you!
I also LOVE the background!
I love love love those outlet malls. Such good deals. Thanks for coming back early to man the bakery table. Hope Rylee is feeling better
Fun trip! That's crazy that you ran in to Melanie! Next time you come we should get together!
Thanks for the info. They've diagnosed her but she did have a rash for a little while. I'm going to watch and see if it comes back. Thanks again. P.S. I MISS YOU!!!! We need to plan something!!! Susan has the week of the 13th off maybe we can come to SL one day. Let me know.
Post a Comment