Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Way too young!

I have mentioned on my blog some of the interesting conversations Nathan (my 3 1/2 year old) have had together. So yesterday I was laying on couch trying to recover from the stomach flu I had on Monday and I was watching a show I had recorded on the Discovery channel called "Deliver Me". Now, if anyone has ever seen this show you know that it is about three ladies who are all OBGYNs in a practice together. The show is all about different women and their pregnancies and deliveries. I love these kind of shows! I do watch them with Nathan around but when it comes to delivering the baby I always make sure he isn't watching because that would unload a whole lot of questions along with the blood and gore he doesn't need to see. Yesterday he was watching after some little twins had been born and I said
"aren't those little babies so cute, Nathan?"
He commented on how little they were and went about playing. A couple of minutes later the show was filming another women who was still pregnant and Nathan asked
"mommy, where is the baby??"
So of course I told him "the baby is in the mommy's tummy Nathan."
Nathan then asked "Mommy, how does the baby get in the mommy's tummy?"
ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! I about died when this question came out of his mouth! I didn't even know how to answer him. I told him that a mommy and a daddy make a baby and Heavenly Father helps put the baby in the mommy's tummy. I honestly did NOT know what to say and now I wished I wouldn't have said anything like I did say! Agh! I called my mom and I was freaking out to her because he is ONLY 3 1/2 years old!! Come on now people!!!

So on another note, this morning first thing Ryan took Roxy in to get spayed! Yay! She is also getting some baby teeth pulled because she hasn't lost them yet and she is chewing on toys and whatever she can get her teeth on! I feel bad she has to go through all of this but it will be better in the long run! :)

1 comment:

Losinthisdangfat said...

LOL That is SO cute! Kids ask the cutest most innocent questions don't they! Your kids are So cute!