Tuesday, December 30, 2008

No power but electrocuted anyway

We had a very eventful Christmas Day this year. It started out Christmas Eve night and it was really windy and with the wind came snow so that was fun. At about 3 am in the morning Nathan came into our bedroom wanting to be in our bed and I was so tired and out of it I didn't care. Finally I had Ryan take him back to his room at 5am because he hadn't ever fallen back to sleep! We were planning on getting up at around 7am and unwrapping the presents under our tree and then getting ready and going to my mom and dad's house to exchange gifts with them and then have a big family breakfast with my uncles and their families at 10am. Just after 7am I woke up and asked Ryan to tell me what time it was and he announced that the power was out so he didn't know. We laid there waiting to see if it would come back on but it didn't so we decided to pack up all the presents and go to my parent's where she actually had power! We left our house in a blizzard and about half way over to my parent's it turned into rain and barely any rain at that! We had already gotten tons of snow from the night and it wasn't letting up at all! We opened gifts at my parent's where the kids got spoiled! Nathan got what he has been asking for, for months now! GeoTrax! Rylee got some little people, doll and stroller and they both got a kitchen to share! How fun!
Right before all the company was suppose to be there Roxy decided to chew on a lamp cord and the lamp just happened to be on at the time. I was sitting on the couch right next to the lamp and she started yelping so I tried to grab the cord thinking it had gotten wrapped around her neck but to realize that it was in her mouth! I tried very quickly to get it out of her mouth but of course she couldn't let go because she was being electrocuted so I hurried and grabbed the cord and ripped it out of the outlet. Poor puppy was just howling and pretty traumatized by the whole incident but she was okay.
After breakfast was over and we exchanged gifts with my grandma and cousins we watched a movie, Home Alone. Great movie! When we went home that afternoon we drove into our side of town and there was so much snow! It had snowed much of the day and the power had been out till 10am too! We had my parents over to watch WALL-E with us and when they left to drive home it was a blizzard again! We got over 18 inches of snow that morning and more was coming again! It was a very crazy Christmas day but it was wonderful sharing the day with family! I have pictures but they aren't on the computer yet...mostly because we got a new camera and I am not sure how to get them smaller so they can go on here. Soon!

2 comments:

Cherlelynn Bednar said...

Wow!!! Talk about an eventful Christmas. Sounds like you guys had a lot of fun and a lot of adventures. I need to post my Christmas stuff. Hopefully I'll get to it sooner than later but it's been taking forever lately to download stuff so I've been kind of frustrated with it. Keep me posted on how you guys are. Hope puppy's okay. Miss you tons!

Cherlelynn

Leilani said...

Merry Christmas! What a crazy Christmas Day, but like you said at least you were able to be with family. Hope your New Year is wonderful, tell your hubby "HI", and keep in touch. I can't believe how big Rylee is...In a blink of an eye it seems!