Thursday, January 6, 2011

Day 4 & 5 of Organization

Ya know how you have some people over to your house and you clean up your house so it is at least clean where they are at? (Or maybe that is just what I do) Well yesterday I had some friends over for lunch to kind of celebrate some of our belated birthdays and so I cleaned up my kitchen, my family room, my living room and even the bathrooms that would be used. Of course I threw all of my clean but NOT folded laundry, coats that needed to be hung up, etc on my bed and in my room. So of course I locked it since I didn't want the kids to be parading in and out of there. One of my friends Jill asked if she could have a tour of the house...Oh crap!! Are you kidding me?! So I gave her a tour of my house and I tried to apologize over and over for how messy my room was...I was quite embarrassed but I made a goal to get my house picked up, cleaned and organized ASAP! I was on the computer last night reading blogs while the kids were asleep and Ryan was refereeing and I read my old college roommate Amber's blog about organizing and how she was doing this 21 day challenge from another blog. I blog hopped over to that and got a kick of inspiration that I definitely needed to do this! I had 4 days I needed to make up for but I will do those as I go along. Today was cleaning and organizing under my kitchen sink; however under my kitchen sink is pretty clean and organized so I did what she tells us to do and I got rid of things and reorganized. Then I went ahead and did yesterdays which was a linen closet. I have actually been dying to do this because it has been a place that we have really thrown everything since we moved into this house. So check out these before and after pictures! After I was done and saw the before picture I could not believe how TERRIBLE I had let it get! Hopefully I will have pictures to post each day of my successes! Here's to MY day 1!
BEFORE:
AFTER:

Pretty awesome right?!

5 comments:

Amber said...

Good work! It looks great!

Kelly, Carrie, Kylie and Zachary said...

It looks great Tristen~!

Angela said...

I am doing organizing too. I am waiting to get my order of pantry organization tools. Looks great!!!!

Small Fry and Co. said...

Thanks for the link. i am going to do it too.

Jill said...

Tristen...I am way impressed, but feel so bad that I caused this huge project... you know you always worry more than anyone else.. it didn't bug me int he least!