Friday, October 17, 2008

My sick baby

Earlier this week Mikaila and I planned to have a girls night out with some friends for tonight (Friday night). We just decided that we deperately needed a night out without the kids so we got our friend Janna to come with us and were sad that the other ladies couldn't come!! Mik and Janna called and said they were on their way to get me which is just around the corner and right after I hung up the phone I looked at Rylee who was screaming in her highchair and then proceded to throw up! Yuck! She threw up like 3-4 times while I stood there in disbelief trying to figure out what to do. Ryan was making Nathan dinner and the phone rang again (Janna calling to see if I was coming outside cause they were waiting) so I hurried and picked her up and took her clothes off of her and the highchair cover which were covered after all of that and carried them down to the washer and started it. I hurried upstairs and since things were a bit more under control I felt a little bit better about leaving so I gave Ryan a kiss and told him I was soooo sorry for leaving.
We had a really fun night out...nothing too exciting just Applebee's for dinner and then we went to Joann's craft store for some supplies for my stitching I am going to begin! Can I just say how much I love to backstitch!! It was so much fun going to dinner with these ladies and chatting away! Loved every minute of it! I felt bad that I left Ryan to deal with my sick baby but he is the most amazing hubby ever and it didn't even seem to phase him! She did get sick a few more times but then he gave her a bath and put her to bed. She has woken up about 3 times since and thrown up a little more. I hope she will be able to sleep well and get over this YUCKY stomach bug!
Sorry if this was too much information!!

6 comments:

craftyashley said...

Awww! Having a sick baby is no fun! Good luck! And kudos to Ryan for being such an awesome Dad!

Janssen said...

Oh, is there anything worse than a sick baby? How heartbreaking!

Unknown said...

awe! bad timing huh! i am so sorry that you had a sick baby! at least you were still able to go out for just a bit! i hope she gets better!

Angela said...

I am glad you had fun despite having a sick Rylee at home. Hopefully nobody else gets it. Feel better Rylee!!!

Trista said...

I am impressed you left! I am so sad I couldn't make it; you'd better do this again sooner than later so I can. I hope your baby is feeling better--I've never had to deal with that with either of my kids. (knock on wood)

Mik's Jewelry Shop said...

Thanks for coming! You could have easily ditched us but I'm glad you didn't.