So yesterday Ryan and I were talking and he decided to take a couple of days off. He has like three weeks he has to take off by the end of the year otherwise he will lose those days. Darn it! So he has taken today and tomorrow off. Today we had planned a little trip to "This is the Place" with Nana (my mom). So Ryan got to come with us which was so good because he never gets to do these kind of things with us. It's funny because Ryan had never been to the zoo and Nathan went before Ryan ever did. So we are culturing Ryan at the same time we are our kids. We had a great time this morning. Nathan got to pet a goat and other animals as well. If he could just walk up to the animals he wasn't scared but if they came up to him; he was out of there!! We rode a choo choo train which was a big highlight of the day and then Nathan got to ride a pony! Yes this was his first pony (or horse) ride. His pony's name was Banjo and he kept telling me and Ryan. "Want this hosey." Oh no problem at all! Anything for you Nathan! hahaha I always wanted a horse too! Ryan told me that I would have to live in a small town to have a horse. So we will just have to share other peoples horses, Nathan. Sorry! Even though I have pointed out to Ryan that there are plenty of people here in Salt Lake City that have horses...right in the middle of neighborhoods! I have to say though that it was so neat to go into some of those log homes back from the pioneers. It is unbelieveable how small the cabins were and to think they had like 7, 10 or even 13 people living in them is just crazy. It was really cool to be up there and look over the valley like Brigham Young did a long time ago but for him he saw a very desolate land. No green trees or anything really green at all just dirt and sage brush and for him to say "This is the place". He must have had some vision. It is so pretty now that I can see why he said that but I know this is not what he once saw. I still think it is really neat to be where the pioneers came into the valley after their long journey across the country. 
Ryan has been out working really hard staining our side of the fence. All in hopes of another selling point for our house! Looks really good huh? Good Job Ry!

2 comments:
Great blog! We had a really fun time today, fun to see the pics.
Nice fence, Ry
Ryan Good lookin fence....Spencer feels your pain he started our fence this spring and still hasn't finished. Looks like you had a great time. Nathan really looks like he is having a great time. Morgan is jealous he got to ride a horsey and she didn't. Love to read your blog T but I like to see the pictures of my Rylee girl and Nathan too.
Post a Comment