Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Blast from the Past

Today was a fun filled day at the park...the park I used to frequent as a child growing up in Sandy. It was a walk down memory lane for me because we met up with two of my childhood friends and their kids. Emilee and Katie! Emilee has one little boy Dax who is just over a year old and Katie has two little boys: Ezra (2 1/2 years old) and Luke (7 1/2 months old). Katie's mom (Kim) and my mom came and helped a ton with the boys even though they played so great together! We just talked and picked up right where we left off so long ago! I moved away when I was 10 years old! It was so much fun to hang out with these girls...amazing how old friendships never die! The boys had a great time climbing up and down to get to the slides and ran around in the sand, dug in it and got nice and dirty! Definitely need a bath tonight! We washed his hands when we got home and I got a taste of just how dirty his bath will be tonight! LOL Seriously I sometimes think I need to let loose a little bit because he is a boy and he will be getting even more dirty as he gets bigger. I am getting better at realizing this but it is taking some time and conscious effort on my part to not constantly wipe him off with wet wipes and things of that nature! I need to let him play and get dirty...I know it won't hurt him to eat some dirt but I have a hard time not trying to control those types of things. Definitely I don't want to be controlling so I am working on this! hehehe I know people who are controlling and it's not one of my favorite qualities. I am learning to pick my battles and this is one that I am WILLING to LOSE on! Yay for me! So I say old friends and new friends because I feel like these two girls are both (old and new) for me! Picking up friendships from many years ago and our little kids becoming friends too. Hopefully we will be hanging out more often and having play dates. I am sounding like a desperate mom now! Well I think I know why! Since Ryan and I have moved up here we just haven't made tons of GREAT friends. Well these girls are the type that are GREAT friends. We have tons in common and it makes hanging out that much easier I think. So I swear I am not a stalker but I love friends and it is hard sometimes to move some place and think about how social we once were and that has kind of faded. Maybe we are making a comeback! Seems like we would be closer if we moved over to Sandy but that also entails selling our house! (crossing fingers we get some more showings this weekend!) Okay so I will post some pictures that I didn't take (tsk tsk tsk on me for forgetting my camera) luckily Kim and Emilee both had their cameras! Yay! So I will post the fun pictures of us at the park later!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow. I had no idea you had kids. They are adorable. You look great too. I didn't think they were your kids at first because you looked too skinny to have had two. :)

Lance and Em said...

Feel the same way girl! Send me your email so that I can forward the pictures in color!

Em