Sunday, September 23, 2007
Daddy & Giggles
So lately I was a little concerned because Rylee is almost 4 months old now. She smiled soon after she was a month old...which is totally normal. She is the most smiley, happy baby that there ever was. Nathan is constantly copying Ryan and I in how we talk and play with her. Nathan copies us when we say things like Us: "Pretty girl!" Nathan: "Pitty durl!" Us: "Princess Girl!" Nathan: "Pinchuss Durl". I really just say these things half of the time to listen to him copy me. Too funny! But in all seriousness Rylee is going to be 4 months old now and we could not get her to giggle/laugh. I guess we just thought that we were funny and really we are not. I mean come'on little girl! At least make us feel really good about ourselves or something! I even called my sister in law (SIL) Alexis and she was telling me that Elsa (her little girl who is a month younger than Rylee) was just a giggling the other day. So now I feel really dumb because Rylee just doesn't want to laugh. I call my mom because now I am starting to worry (about what I don't know...that she is just a little bit serious or something but I needed to worry apparently) my mom asked if I had blown raspberries on her tummy and the usual things. Yup, I have done all that...even Nathan has attempted doing these funny things. My sister Angie tells me that Morgan (my niece) didn't laugh early. Well I was still a little frustrated and definitely not feeling very funny so I went to Ryan and I told him that I think Nathan laughed a lot sooner than Rylee because she is almost 4 months old. Yesterday Ryan told me to go get in Nathan's baby book where I valiantly kept all of these milestones (not doing as good with Rylee). Yup I was right Nathan was not even 2 months old and Ryan got him to giggle. Ryan claims it is because he is funny looking. But I told him that this was his job and he needed to work with Rylee a little bit on this whole laughing thing! So after he was done cleaning up the garage he came inside and Rylee was in her bouncy seat. He took her and carried her downstairs and was just play laughing at her and wouldn't you know it...she started giggling and squealing! I mean come'on people give me a break! Do you know how hard I have worked to get this girl to crack?! Apparently I am not the funny one in the family and neither is Nathan. We all know that Rylee is scared when Nathan holds her but I am her mom! PALEEZE! This is truly ridiculous! Ryan claims that he is not funny but funny looking. I don't buy that at all! Rylee was just waiting for her dad then she knew she could laugh because he makes me and Nathan laugh too. (Bytheway! She still has not laughed at me!) He is a great guy...better than that he is the BEST dad and the BEST husband to me and his kids! We couldn't ask for anyone better! I love you, Ry! (I will post pictures later of the kids and daddy!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
so cute! Maybe she was just holding out until he tried so that he wouldn't be left out. I bet she'll laugh a lot now. I'm glad you're posting more often!
Post a Comment