Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Serious Questions...

Last night I was driving home from my parent's house. Ryan was in his car since he came directly from work and I had both the kids in my car. I thought for sure that my kids would probably fall asleep but was I wrong!! Nathan decided that he would ask a few questions. So here is the conversation from last nights car ride home.

Nathan: Mommy where did you marry daddy?
Me: In Las Vegas at the Temple.
Nathan: Why did you marry daddy?
Me: Because I love him.
Nathan: Where was I when you married daddy?
Me: You were still up in heaven with Heavenly Father and Rylee.
Nathan: Mommy, who makes it dark at nighttime?
Me: Who? Heavenly Father makes it dark at nighttime.
Nathan: Why does he make it dark?
Me: He knows that we need to rest so he makes it dark so we can rest better.
Nathan: Who makes the sun come up?
Me: Heavenly Father makes the sun come up in the day.
Nathan: Where does Heavenly Father live?
Me: In heaven, and one day we will be able to live there with him again when we die if we are good. (oops opened a can of worms with this one!)
Nathan: What does die mean??
Me: It's when our spirit goes to heaven after our body here on earth is done.
(We got home and I got him out of the car)
Me: Go ask your dad some of these questions...
Nathan: Daddy, why did you marry mommy?
Ryan: Because she is pretty.
Nathan: Who makes the sun come up?
Ryan: Well, Heavenly Father does.
We went inside and he stopped asking questions.

I have to say how much I enjoyed answering his questions. He is so funny sometimes that he cracks me up! OH the things three year olds can ask!! I love my Natey!

12 comments:

Angela said...

I love those questions....too cute!

The Harris Family said...

I thought this blog was so cute! What a sweet boy! I love reading about him because it gives me things to look forward to!

Lane and Katie Eyre said...

How cute! Don't you just hope that you answer them in a way that doesn't cause anxiety?! You are a great mom!

Mandy and Kalen said...

That is so cute! Kids say the DARDEST kids!!!

Anonymous said...

Cute...kids learn by asking and you did a great job answering Nathan's questions but be prepared for many more.
Love ya

Trista said...

Aren't they amazing? Makes me wonder what initiates those thoughts. And I like Ryan's answer "Because she's pretty". Great answer!

Losinthisdangfat said...

LOL That's SO cute! I love the funny things that kids say!
I'll tell you something funny that my son Jordan said to me a while ago. He came up to me and said "Mommy, I have a Boo Boo!"
He held up his little hand with his middle finger held as high as it can go! He had the CUTEST saddest look on his face! He was SO upset that he had hurt his finger. (jordan didnt' know that it wasn't nice to do that with your hand)I laughed to hard! And kissed his boo boo! He was so cute!
Kids say the funniest things!
You all have a great day!
Andrea

Kelly, Carrie, Kylie and Zachary said...

Don't you just love kids and all the questions they ask. Kylie and I have had some of those great conversations too.

Misty said...

I love the way little minds work. Cute!!

ashley said...

"Because she is pretty..."

Aaaaaawww!!!

Cheryl Whitney said...

I'm so proud of the mommy you are Tristen!!! Does an old YW leaders heart good.... very sweet!

Leilani said...

I have chills! I love those Q's but kyle usually asks them right before bed to stall bed time. It's great being a mom, and you are sure doing a great job. Points to Ryam also!