Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Family Vacation 2008: Coronado

This year we wanted to do something a little bit different for our family vacation. I believe it was 2 years ago...when Nathan was Rylee's age we took him and flew to the Oregon coast with my mom and dad and grandma Gloria. Since then I can't really think of where else we have gone for "vacation". So this year we planned on going to San Diego. Not really sure where we would stay...as a kid growing up I got to go to San Diego just about every year to a condo right on the beach! I have really great memories of going there every year! We would get up at like midnight or 1 am and drive through the night, stop in Vegas (obviously this was before we moved to Las Vegas) for breakfast (I could tell you where we would eat too!), then drive the rest of the way and get there around noon. We always would go certain places like Seaport Village and somewhere for kids like Sea World, Disneyland, the Zoo etc... The condo we used to stay in was kind of out of the question for various reasons so we (my mom/dad and our family) were trying to figure out what we could do. My dad made a call to one of his GENEROUS cousins who apparently has a condo in Coronado, California that he said we could use. How awesome is that?! So since then (springtime) we have been planning our vacation all out. Last week was our week in Coronado and I miss it!! I am ready to go back to that beautiful weather! I had never been to Coronado (that I could remember) and I really loved it there.

The Friday before we left and drove to Las Vegas...making a stop to drop Roxy off and a HUGE thanks to Ryan's parents who dog-sat for us! We stayed that night in Vegas and then got up and drove to Coronado. We got there in the afternoon and the first thing we did was put our swimsuits on and went right to the beach! The condo has a boat slip for the sail boat that he owns but we were not far from the beach either! We played in the water and built sandcastles! Rylee took a tumble in the water when she had no fear of it and then shivered cause she was soaked! Nathan didn't love the water but he LOVED the sand!

Sunday we went to church at the Imperial Beach ward which is just south of Coronado.

Monday we went to Seaport Village and did some shopping along with riding the carousel which went quite fast for a carousel I must say. Ryan and my dad golfed that afternoon in Coronado and my mom and I took the kids down to the beach again to play.

Here are the pictures of the first part of our vacation with more to come!

This is the Coronado bridge that connects downtown San Diego to Coronado...this was definitely one of Nathan's favorite parts was going on the bridge! He would ask everytime we were in the car if we could drive on the bridge.

1 comment:

Angela said...

Rylee looks so cute. Looks like you had a great time. There is nothing like San Diego weather.....