Tuesday we got up and went to Sea World. I haven't been to Sea World in I don't even know how long! Ryan had never been to Sea World along with the kids! So instead of driving forever and a day to Disneyland we decided to go to Sea World. I have to say that I had a really fun day there! I enjoyed everything there was and there was much more than I expected! We went to the Shamu show (my favorite!) where we sat in the "soak zone", the dolphin show, the sea lion show, we rode Elmo and Oscar the Grouch rides in the Sesame Street area, we let the kids run around the water play area where they got soaked but it gave them their second wind to finish out the day, we saw the penguins which was Nathan's favorite by far, Ryan and my dad rode some ride that was the arctic ride and then we rode Atlantis which I LOVED and I could go on again and again; there was more but that was the jist of our day! So fun! Overall the day was so much fun for everybody! We went to the little shop before we left and Rylee was asleep after two minutes in there and Nathan fell asleep about 2 minutes after getting in the car! We definitely tuckered them out!
Wednesday we were getting ready to go to the beach and Nathan was waiting by the front door when it got a gust of wind and slammed shut on his thumb! Poor kid! It bled really good for about 2 days and his fingernail will probably fall off but it is getting better. After that happened, Ryan and my dad went to the beach to try out the boogie boards we bought. Nathan stayed home with me, Rylee and my mom and slept. That night we got to go to Petco Park and watch the Padres play the LA Dodgers. That was fun but would have been better if they would have been playing the Atlanta Braves! haha Just another ballpark off our long list of parks to visit!
Thursday was a very HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my dad! Yep, September 11th just happens to be my dearest dad's birthday! We all went to the USS Midway aircraft carrier that you can tour. Pretty cool, but it gave me some serious claustraphobia after the smell of diesel fuel made me sick and then the little tight confined spaces. Good thing I never joined the Navy or anything like that! We went to dinner that night to the Cheesecake Factory to celebrate his birthday but I think he thoroughly enjoyed the Midway because he LOVES that kind of stuff! He loved all the jets and helicopters! Nathan loved the helicopters and jets that he could get into! He played and played in the jet where he sat as the pilot and pushed buttons and he was very upset when he had to get out! He went back a couple of times though!
Friday morning Ryan and my dad went golfing again...this time instead of being gone 5 hours...they were gone 7 hours! My dad gave me a hard time because I was not happy that they were gone for so long and I got to take care of the kids! My mom and I took the kids into town and went to lunch and did some shopping in Coronado. Then when my dad and Ryan got back we left the kids with them and went back to Seaport Village for some more shopping...souvenir shopping! That night we did the Coronado thing since it was our last night there! We ate a little place called "Burger Lounge" and then we went and toured the Hotel Del Coronado which was beautiful! The elevator is an old style elevator and the lobby was incredible. Overall we had a really good time on our vacation! Thanks to my dad's cousin Hal for being so generous with his condo and letting us stay there! We loved every minute of it and can't wait to go back to that beautiful weather again!

Friday morning Ryan and my dad went golfing again...this time instead of being gone 5 hours...they were gone 7 hours! My dad gave me a hard time because I was not happy that they were gone for so long and I got to take care of the kids! My mom and I took the kids into town and went to lunch and did some shopping in Coronado. Then when my dad and Ryan got back we left the kids with them and went back to Seaport Village for some more shopping...souvenir shopping! That night we did the Coronado thing since it was our last night there! We ate a little place called "Burger Lounge" and then we went and toured the Hotel Del Coronado which was beautiful! The elevator is an old style elevator and the lobby was incredible. Overall we had a really good time on our vacation! Thanks to my dad's cousin Hal for being so generous with his condo and letting us stay there! We loved every minute of it and can't wait to go back to that beautiful weather again!












Across the water is Coronado. This picture was taken from Petco Park on the way to our seats.

This is the Tomcat...the plane from Top Gun...maybe one of the reasons why my dad loves this kind of stuff...he loves that movie and quotes from it all the time!




Nathan's favorite airplane...he got to push buttons and steer it too. He told us he was going to "fly to the rescue!"
6 comments:
What a wonderful vacation. I'm ready to go back too!!!! The pictures turned out really good.
The USS Midway is so cool. Glad to hear you guys had a great time. Too bad we couldn't have joined you. Maybe next time.
So much fun!! It is always nice to get away for a while and just see fun things and be with family. yeah for you!
Don't you just love a family vacation! It's so nice to get out. I loved the shows at Sea World, what a fun place. How are your parents doing? It's been so incredibly long since I have seen them.
Aaw, what a fun trip!! I love seaworld!!! Looks like you guys had a blast!
How fun! Sea World is great- it's nice to have one so close to us in Texas.
Post a Comment