Last Tuesday for a reason I can't even remember (but I know there was a reason!) I put Nathan in big boy underwear and started the whole potty training thing over again! He did really well for that first day and he even pooped in the potty! Yay! Well the first two days were really good with only minimal accidents that I definitely got through and thought "okay, this might actually happen." The third day he did pretty good again and I don't think he had any accidents and we had major break through when we went to dinner and shopping and he was able to go potty in the public restrooms whenever he needed to!!! Yay! I kept asking him if he wanted diapers back on and he would tell me "no, I am a big boy and I go potty in the big boy potty now." I think that is what definitely helped me keep going because he wanted to do this! On Friday we were leaving for Green River for Allie's blessing. I was kinda nervous but I was also not caring too much because I figured he would probably at least pee in his underwear. We put a Pull Up on him for the drive and the couple of times that we stopped he went into the potty and went. We got to Green River with dry pants. Wow, I was really in complete awe of this kid who all the sudden wanted to potty train. I can't say he didn't have any accidents because in Green River he had a few but I have to give this kid so much credit because he did an amazing job even though we went out of town! When we got home Sunday he just kept right on going and even today he is doing a fantastic job! Way to go Natey!
I am so thrilled that we are seeing an end to the big diapers! I finally broke down last time I was at Costco and bought a big box of size 6's for him (I didn't want to buy 6's but decided that he was big enough now) and I am so happy that we haven't even opened them because I am so taking them back to Costco and buying something else...probably a present for Nathan for not making us buy diapers for him anymore! He wears a Pull Up to bed but he wakes up dry about 4-5 days out of the week. I am just trying to figure this drinking thing out before bedtime before I dare put him in his bed in big boy underwear. This is me breathing a HUGE sigh of relief right now...ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :)
I will post pictures of the weekend later on.
6 comments:
Natey we are so proud of you. Keep up the good work. We love you.
Nathan, Nana is so happy you are such a big boy. YEAH!!!!!!!
YEA NATHAN!!!! I am so happy for you Tris!! :)
Yea!! What a break through.. I'm sure you are so relieved! Nice job!!
Ok... I was blog hopping and I came across this WAY CUTE free blog template site! They are free, WAY cute and she has a lot to choose from so go check it out! I am SURE you'll find one you LOVE! Its leeloublogs.blogspot.com
wow!! yeah! i am so excited for you
Post a Comment