Saturday, May 24, 2008

Thomas the Train

Last year at this same time I was 9 months pregnant with Rylee but my mom bought tickets for Nathan, me and her to go up to Heber and ride on Thomas the Train. She knew that Nathan really liked Thomas so we all went up and had a great time. So this year I bought tickets again so we could once again go enjoy a whole LOT of Thomas. We invited Nathan's cousin Kylie to go with us since we thought we had an extra ticket that my mom wouldn't be using but in the end she could still come with us so she bought another ticket and came with us. We knew Kylie wasn't really into Thomas but we thought she would enjoy it anyway and spending time with cousins is always the best, right?! So first we went to pick Kylie up and about the time we were in Park City I realized I forgot my camera! I was pretty bummed but Ryan said we could probably borrow Carrie's since we still had to pick Kylie up...thank heavens Carrie saved us! Thanks tons of the camera so we could blog about this fun time we had!! Well, Kylie seemed to have a really good time. First, we stopped at Dairy Keen (home of the train) and ate some lunch while Nathan and Kylie really enjoyed watching the train with Thomas at the front go around and around the restaurant. Then we headed over to the place where Thomas was. We first got tatoos for all the kids...














Then we played at some of the other little "stations" or "tents" they have there for you. Nathan and Kylie loved to play with the trains and they even pet some miniature horses.





Rylee also enjoyed playing with the trains...Good thing Nana was there because she would have gotten run over by the other kids that were twice her size...they were out of control!



We even got to get a picture with Sir Toppam Hat. Which as you can tell Nathan wasn't too fond of his hand touching him. Nathan was such a good boy throughout the whole day. He was so happy to be there and to see Thomas. He was singing a song "Choo Choo the Big train is coming down the tracks", all day long! I would only take him to this if I knew he was going to love it and boy was I right?!

We were waiting for our turn to ride on Thomas...Here he comes!!!
Isn't he just the cutest little engine?!


Here are the kids on the train enjoying their blue train suckers!



Rylee sitting on the train enjoying her fish crackers.


These banners are hanging up as you walk into the area so we had Nathan and Kylie stand up so we could take a picture with them. Well it was kinda hard to get Nathan to stand where we wanted him to. Come to find out the whole way home (he drove with my mom) he told her that he didn't want to stand by Gordon (the blue train that he is by) because in the show Gordon can be mean sometimes! haha I get the biggest kick out of this kid sometimes!


Here are the kids for one last picture with Thomas as we were leaving.

Thanks for coming with us Kylie and spending a fun day!
Bye Thomas! See you again next year, I'm sure!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

We sure had a fun filled day. Nathan has so much fun, he loves all of it.

Angela said...

Looks like you had a really fun time. I love the train tattoos on their cheeks. Wish we could have been there with you.

Angela said...

PS I forgot to tell Rylee that her teeth look so cute! I can't believe she will be 1 in a couple of weeks.

Lance and Em said...

So cute! I kept seeing the adds on TV for this and thought it would be fun... so glad you guys loved it!

Lane and Katie Eyre said...

That looks like so much fun! I'll bet it was filled with kids!!! I love the tattoo on Rylee's cheek!

Kelly, Carrie, Kylie and Zachary said...

Thanks for taking Kylie. She had a lot of fun! We heard about it for many days after.