So imagine my surprise when I looked out in the water and I see a fish flopping right out where his line was. I told him to reel it in which he started doing without any struggle so I took it from him to see if there really was a fish. I started yelling for Ryan to get over here since I was not about to touch the fish...:::so gross!!!::: The fish wasn't hardly fighting but it kept coming out of the water so I knew there was a fish. Ryan got there and had Nathan reel the fish the rest of the way in and then another guy who was right by us came over and had a net to put the fish in. Nathan was so excited about this fish he caught! He was doing his little dance around so happy and proud of what he had done! This was Nathan's 3rd time fishing and the first fish he had ever caught! The men around were totally impressed because this was by far the biggest fish they had seen in their time fishing there! Go Nate! I don't know much about fish but Ryan said it was rainbow trout, 3 to 4 pounds and about 20 inches in length. You judge for yourself...

We gave the fish to a guy who wanted it since we couldn't take it home since we were staying at a hotel and he was so excited about that! We left a little while after Nathan caught his fish...which was the only fish any of us caught! We went back to Heber for the night at a hotel. We ate dinner at the home of the train Dairy Keen where we met up with one of my best girlfriends from college Cherlelynn and her husband and their little girl Maya. It was so much fun to sit and chat with her and meet her adorable husband, Rob! Nathan had a great time there because he just sat and played with the trains at the train table. The next morning we got up and left to go get little Rylee who stayed with Nana and Papa. Nathan missed his little sister but I think he enjoyed his time alone with Ryan and I. He was still a little stinker that night at the hotel but I think that is how he acts when he is tired. What a fun weekend we had all leading up to a very special day for Nathan on Sunday when he turned 4 years old!
4 comments:
I think that's awesome that you took him for a trip alone. What good parents. Don't you wish there were some manual you could read when they act way more difficult than usual? Good luck!
That is a great looking fish! Sounds like a fun weekend to me..
way to go nathan! that's awesome :)
and such a great idea to go on a trip alone with him! love the picture.. he looks so proud.
That's the cutest picture ever. Nathan is so adorable and is such a sweet boy. It's so cool that you guys got to spend some time together!
Post a Comment