Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Our Family Vacation 2009

This year for our family getaway we were very fortunate to get to go back to a place that I grew up going to almost every summer. In Island Park, Idaho my dad's uncle has owned a cabin since before I was born in fact my parents went on their honeymoon there...since my great uncle has passed away we haven't been up there very much but one of my dad's cousins now runs it and let us go back to visit. We used to take regular family vacations up there and I have many fond memories. I knew this place was definitely right up Ryan's alley since he loves the outdoors! So we planned on lots of out door fun activities for our week there. Mostly pictures so enjoy!!



On our ride up....

We stopped in Blackfoot, Idaho where my grandpa's siblings are buried.

In the back of the cabin...she just wants to go higher and higher!


Just hanging out in the cabin...


Nathan's timeout...


In front of the cabin...I believe this is the water well or something.





Big Springs: A cabin we hiked to...the guy (can't remember his name) found a fresh water spring that comes up from the ground. We got to feed the fish there a couple of different times.



We went to a rodeo and dinner with dancing one night...Rylee loved it and was not afraid of the horses that were within an arms distance running by her.

Rylee went out and danced with one of the girls doing line dancing...total stranger...Rylee didn't care she just wanted to dance!


One afternoon we rented a flat bottom boat and floated down the Snake River (Henry's Fork). We had a great time watching the fish jump like crazy!! Nathan couldn't wait to get done but then he kept asking to go back again.



We loved seeing all sorts of wildlife...especially this moose who was just down from the cabin. I got pretty close to her taking pictures if you can't tell.

This moose had a bull with her but he was back in the trees so we didn't get a good picture of him...he was big though!

Ryan and my dad did LOTS of this...they would say not enough I am sure but they went fishing quite a bit. Ryan got this awesome picture of my dad one morning...too bad they didn't take anymore photos!



This was our last morning in front of the cabin before we left....Rylee had just passed out so she was sleeping in my dad's arms while my mom took the picture.
We spent 2 days in Yellowstone while we stayed at the cabin. It wasn't very far so we took advantage of our pass of 7 days! Here are some pictures of the amazing Yellowstone! Ryan had never been there so this was definitely a must do on our vacation. We even saw a bear the second day we drove through!
Old Faithful...

The bear we saw....this made lots of cars stop! Can you see the bear right in the middle of the picture?





I just wanted to mention that I will be putting up lots of blogs....I am trying to catch up before this year ends...My list of things to do.

2 comments:

Angela said...

Okay so this is so overdue...looks like you guys had a great time.

Small Fry and Co. said...

Yea for blog updates!!!!