Tuesday, August 11, 2009
July 4th
Sorry this post is so late but our old camera cord got packed so Ryan found me one that worked! Yay now I am able to post about our summer fun we have been having! First thing in the morning we went to our ward's annual July 4th pancake breakfast. Then we hung around the house and took naps during the afternoon. For the 4th of July this year we decided to do something really "American"...so we went to the Bee's baseball game and stayed for the fireworks after. We went with my parents and my grandma Gloria. It was lots of fun even though it went extra innings! The fireworks didn't begin till almost 11:30pm! We were leaving the ballpark at midnight and the kids were wide awake. They watched the fireworks but they both had their ears plugged and Nathan eventually went under a blanket cause they were really loud! It was a very fun July 4th for our family this year! As we sat and enjoyed the fireworks I was overwhelmed with emotion because I felt so grateful for the land we live in and the freedoms we enjoy. I have never really had a moment like that but I know that it was a great moment for me to feel the spirit and know Heavenly Father is there all the time with us if we will let him be. I hope you all enjoyed your 4th this year.










Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment